The Olive Prime Psychological Services - We are a new “mental health facility” based in Abuja, currently looking for the best hands that can provide excellent and client focused services.
We are committed to providing individuals with a flexible pathway to full recovery in a way different from the conventional inpatient services. We intend to provide support for our service users where we engage them in various psychological therapies and other complimentary activities which in the long term equips them with a more realistic and flexible form of recovery.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mental Health Support Worker
Locations: Lagos and Anambra
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Ward Manager
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Principal Duties and Responsibilities of a mental health support worker:
- Support the nurses on duty and other clinicians while they carry out their duties
- Receive and implement instructions from the nurses in charge of the wards at all times
- Welcome patients and facilitate a friendly environment to enable them acclimatize to their new environment
- Ensure the safety of patients and their living environment at all times; ensure patients are never left unattended in the facility or while on external activities
- Physical care of patients: assist when circumstances require, in maintaining personal hygiene – bathing, dressing –, feeding, making beds, arranging personal effects, etc.
- Interact with and support patients during therapeutic activities and recreation
- Assist to de-escalate and/or restrain aggressive/violent patients when required
- Supervise the scheduled regular cleaning of patients’ rooms and shared areas during all shifts
- Complete all observation charts and handover checklists promptly and conscientiously, with adequate attention to detail
- Ensure that electrical appliances e.g. bulbs, air conditioners, heaters, etc. are switched off when not in use
- Promptly report damages, and supervise repairs and maintenance activities in the facility
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Nurse or clinicians.
Requirements and Experience
- ONLY SSCE or OND holders can apply for this role
- Previous work experience in a mental health or general health care facility will be an advantage.
- Compassionate and patient
- Strong-willed, able to solve crises and work in a team
- Interpersonal skills
- Good communication skill
Application Closing Date
26th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidate should be available to resume immediately.