Alan & Grant - Our work is focused on creating innovative HR and Organizational Development Solutions aimed at Performance Improvement & Business Growth. We currently serve clients across various sectors of the Economy from locations in Jos, Port Harcourt and Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Portfolio Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Industry: Financial Services
- The job holder would be responsible for unearthing and evaluating prospective assets for investments, conducing pre-appraisal analyses, conducting detailed due diligence, valuation of assets and the portfolio investments, working with project developers to implement finance-able transaction structures, preparing and consolidating terms sheets and financing documentation, providing on-going monitoring of portfolio investments and anchoring activities to exit portfolio investments, in line with approved investment policies and guidelines.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop medium and long-term strategies, action plans to improve quality of pipeline deals and investment portfolio.
- Develop investment policies and procedures to maximize returns for investors.
- Co-anchor deal origination, including deal identification, project analyses, appraisals, screening, pre-selection and development of pipeline projects in line with approved investment strategies and guidelines.
- Drive day to day engagements with Developers to build a pipeline of high-quality infra projects.
- Providing support to develop sector-specific product papers and financing structures.
- Develop efficient investment processes and procedures.
- Building analytical tools and templates for use in standardizing project appraisals.
- Develop financial models and perform financial modelling and scenario analysis on an ongoing basis.
- Drive the implementation of investment appraisal processes and debt financing processes.
- Coordinate the engagement of advisors and consultants and oversee the delivery of third-party advisory and consultancy services from time to time.
- Conduct comprehensive due diligence and liaise with legal & tax counsel to negotiate protective and preferential terms.
- Summarize due diligence findings and prepare investment memoranda.
- Co-anchor the valuation and structuring of infrastructure deals.
- Co-anchor capital-raising activities, including preparation of investor presentations, pitch-decks, teasers and information memoranda.
- Preparing and participating in negotiation of term sheets to close.
- Preparing key transaction documents and conducting research on a need basis.
- Build and manage a well-balanced infrastructure portfolio aimed at achieving target risk adjusted returns of investors and provide up to date reports.
- Liaise with the infrastructure risk management team to assess inherent portfolio risks in order to define mitigating strategies and assess risks on an ongoing basis.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, periodic reports on Fund Performance and market view updates.
- Establishing and nurturing relationships with financing counterparts, market participants and government stakeholders.
- Liaise with industry sources and Infrastructure asset management business partners to build sponsor relationships and facilitate access to deals and information.
- University Degree in Business, Finance or any other numerate course (BA, BSc, M.A, MSc, MBA).
- Finance-related qualifications (CFA is preferred).
- Accountancy Professional Accreditations (advantageous).
- Minimum 12 years in project finance roles, out of which at least 7 years spent at senior level in developing and successfully closing on deals across real sectors.
- Proven experience of originating, developing, appraising and conducting capital-raising for infrastructure deals.
- Experience in business advisory would be advantageous.
- Infrastructure sector experience (transportation, power, renewable energy, real estate and agro-industrial sectors) is mandatory.
- International project experience - would be an asset but not essential.
Application Closing Date