Fountain University is a Private University Licensed in May 2007 by the Federal Government, commenced academic activities in January 2008. The Vision of the University is to be a pace setting institution in terms of leaning, character- building, entrepreneurial skills and service to humanity. Its Mission is to produce competent and resourceful graduates with high moral standards; and the Philosophy is the total development of men and women in an enabling environment through appropriate teaching, research and service to humanity, as underlined by Islamic Ethics and Culture.
The office of the Registrar will be vacant very shortly, hence we require a qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Osogbo, Osun
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University except as regards to financial matters for which the Bursar is responsible.
- The Registrar is also the Secretary to the Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation.
- Candidates for the post shall be visionary and have the ability to provide good leadership; possess personal integrity and must not be more than Fifty five (55) years of age at the time of resumption of office.
Qualifications and Experience
He / she Must:
- Possess a good Honors Degree from a recognized University. Possession of Higher Degree(s) will earn higher ratings.
- Be an astute administrator and manager of men and resources with a prior experience as registrar or deputy registrar of a reputable university or an institution of comparable status.
- Have a minimum of 15 years of relevant post-graduation experience in the university system.
- Have Membership of at least one relevant Professional Body such as NIM, AUA, IPMN, ANUPA.
- Have exceptional oral and written communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Have an excellent exposure across all strata of university Registry and should be able to demonstrate competency in fostering effective relationships within a broad range of local, national and international stakeholders.
- Have the ability to foster team-building spirit, promote professionalism and develop the capacity of the staff for exceptional service delivery.
- Have excellent multitasking, time management, record keeping, data analysis with relevant IT tools and communication skills.
- Be a resourceful and productive professional with high capacity to sustain hard work under pressure.
- Familiarity with current administrative structure at Fountain University, and possession of strategies to achieve remarkable leap in the quality of its organization and administrative efficiency will be added advantage.
- Have a good executive presence, professional appearance, interpersonal relations, high integrity and strong moral character.
- Be computer literate and have demonstrable competence in the use of information and Communication Technology tools.
- Be physically and mentally fit.
- Have a good working knowledge of current global standards of practice in administrative principles, practices and processes.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The emolument shall be as generally obtained in the Nigerian University System and as may be determined from time to time by the University Council. It may also be made personal to the appointee.
- The appointment is for a renewable period of four (4) years in the first instance subject to satisfactory performance.
Application Closing Date
Monday, 1st November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their detailed Curriculum Vitae, along with photocopies of their educational and professional credentials, electronically to: [email protected]
The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following, among others:
- Post applied for
- Full Name (surname underlined)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Current postal address
- E-mail address and phone number(s)
- Marital status
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained (with dates)
- Name(s) and address(es) of previous Employer
- Positions held and dates
- Name and address of present employer
- Present salary
- Administrative experience
- Membership of professional bodies
- Extra-curricular activities
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees
Note: All applications shall be acknowledged on delivery while only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted subsequently.