Willers Solutions Limited - Our client, a reputable Internet Solutions Provider Company, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: NMC Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Perform network surveillance 24/7, respond to network-reported and customer-reported problems and manage problem resolution using network monitoring / management tools. Take ownership to ensure that all problems are resolved in a timely and efficient manner
- Escalate problems to third level support (Problem management team) where these cannot be resolved within the Network Operations Centre (NOC)
- Perform general “system administration” tasks on all elements of the network
- Perform documented network configuration procedures
- Pro-actively monitor network and system performance. Analyze traffic data and trends and escalate areas of concern to officer on duty
- Through pro-active and systematic review, discover problem areas which could negatively impact system performance or customer satisfaction
- Provide scheduled and on-demand traffic analysis reports
- Maintains inventory of equipment acquisitions, installations, designs, and modifications
- Generate weekly and monthly reports on diesel delivery/consumption and Monitor generator capacity and mileage
- Monitors the Network Monitoring System and responds to and addresses system generated alerts as needed
- Monitors and ensures the stability of the network infrastructure hosting Network Monitoring System
- Facilities maintenance (monitoring and management of air-conditioning, UPS, generators, power usage, running health and safety and housekeeping checks at POPs)
- Optimizes network performance and clients service delivery meeting.
- B.Sc / HND in Computer Science / Engineering or other related Course.
- 2+ years experience as network engineer preferable in an ISP/Telco environment.
- Self-motivated and capable of working in a cross-functional team.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills, good telephone manner.
- Practical, accurate and precise.
- Good knowledge of enterprise-class IP infrastructure (routers/switches/firewalls).
- Experience of network management.
- Good knowledge of networking equipment administration.
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP certification.
- Confident in MS office applications (particularly Excel).
- Able to work on a 24/7 shift Rotation and available for weekend / public holiday.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively perform the technical requirements.
- Solid troubleshooting, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize effectively and work with a sense of urgency.
Application Closing Date
30th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.