Abuja Clinics is a world class health facility dedicated to providing all your health needs, not only curative but also preventive. We boast of cutting edge equipment which aid in the diagnosis and treatment of medical and surgical conditions. We have highly trained and dedicated staff who provide excellent care. Our computerized systems ensure confidentiality and continuity. We aim to set a standard for medical care hence we continue updating and upgrading to ensure that you get the best.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Senior Accountant supports the Principal Account with a wide variety of functions which include transactional processing, financial analysis, annual budget development and monitoring, cost allocation, monthly forecasts, program and annual audit support and the implementation of financial and compliance controls. Performs the more complex and difficult accounting analyses and reports; or directs the accounting activities of the hospital.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and maintaining accounting policies, procedures, and controls in accordance with sound accounting principles, applicable regulations, and laws as well as best practices.
- Organizational and program budget preparation and monitoring
- Periodic reviews of accounting and financial controls and processes for the entire organization.
- The closeout of projects, timely and accurate donor reporting, and compliance. Coordination and the preparation of required reports for private, multi-lateral and government donors.
- Inventory and fixed asset physical counts.
- The coordination of the monthly and year-end close.
- Monthly analysis of financial performance.
- Financial oversight of the organization and select business units.
In addition, the Senior Accountant:
- Prepares supporting schedules for specific general ledger accounts. Analyzes and reconciles specified balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Performs financial analysis as appropriate to support risk assessment and inform decision-making. Manages all aspects of headquarters accounts receivable, cash receipts, and banking, including the review of supporting documentation.
- Applicant must live in Abuja or be willing to relocate.
- A First Degree in Accounting, Accountancy, or Banking and Finance is a must.
- Applicant must have at least 7 - 9 years of practicing experience as a Senior Accountant in a similar industry.
- Applicant must be a Professional Member of ICAN or ACCA.
- He/she must be able to use Msword, (Spreadsheet) Excel, PowerPoint, and other Accounting Software at a professional level.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2021.