The British Council is the UK&'s international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations. We are on the ground in six continents and over 100 countries, bringing international opportunity to life, every day.
We work in over 100 countries, connecting millions of people with the United Kingdom through programmes and services in the English language, the Arts, Education and Society. We believe these are the most effective means of engaging with others, and we have been doing this work since 1934.
The British Council, Nigeria is recruiting for the position below:
Job Position: IELTS Examiners
Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Ibadan, Ilorin, Benin, Enugu and Calabar.
- Examiners are recruited on a casual basis and are expected to examine at least ten sessions a year at regular intervals.
- IELTS examinations regularly take place in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt. Therefore, we are looking for examiners who live in, or within relatively easy reach of these cities. We may occasionally run examinations in other cities in Nigeria.
- Training of successful candidates will be done on October 10, 2014.
- An undergraduate degree or a qualification which can be demonstrated to be equivalent to an undergraduate degree.
- A recognised qualification in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) / Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) / or recognised equivalent as part of a recognised university award course.**
- At least 3 years full time (14 hours per week minimum or the equivalent part time) relevant TESOL/TEFL teaching experience (minimum one year post certificate level qualification). The majority of this teaching experience must relate to adult students (16 years and over).
- The required professional attributes and interpersonal skills. Please see our recruitment pack for more details
Application Closing Date
2nd September, 2014
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should read through the IELTS Examiner Minimum Professional Requirements & IELTS Guide for Examiner Applicants documents. Download and complete the application and the reference request form.
Completed applications should be sent via email to: [email protected]
Click here to view (PDF) Document for the IELTS Examiners Minimum Professional Requirements.
Click here to view (PDF) Document for the IELTS Guide for Examiner Applicant
Click here to Download and fill (Word) Document for the IELTS Examiners Application Form
Click here to view (Word) Document for the IELTS Examiners reference Request Form