ABNL Limited was incorporated in 1992, as an Oil and Gas servicing company, with a vision to provide professional engineering and technical services to the Oil and Gas exploration and production companies in Nigeria and the West African sub-region. Since its incorporation the company has grown in leaps and bound, expanding its business horizon but still within the Oil and Gas sector.
ABNL is a 100% owned indigenous firm, with a shareholding in excess of 100 million Naira. Its' directors are individuals of proven integrity, who over the years have acquired the requisite experience in the Oil and Gas business, as well as in the banking and finance sector. The integrity of the directors and the staff of the company have been a priceless contributive factor in the growth and wellbeing of the company.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Advisor I
Employment Type: Contract
- Logistics Advisor provides logistics subject matter expertise. May include aviation, marine, shore base, ground transportation and camp services to deliver safe reliable and cost efficient logistic services.
- Has overall responsibilities to serve as the contact for providing logistical and materials management services and support for its ongoing business, including affiliates where no local services organization or infrastructure exists.
- Manages the day-to-day logistical business, including, but not limited to, implementing logistics strategies, supervising drilling logistics contractor staff, material control functions, inventory management, and coordinating material movements to offshore or onshore rig locations.
- Typical Job Positions may include: Logistics Specialist, Aviation Advisor, Marine Advisor Shore Base Advisor, Ground Transport Advisor, Camp Services Advisor and may cover some or all of the responsibilities listed below.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide technical input into logistics strategies and plans to support "Operating Organizations"
- Provides technical support and input for logistics activities and interface coordination with "Clients" to support transportation of materials and equipment into, within, and from the country of operation.
- Provides technical support in managing interfaces with procurement and warehouse services including tax and customs, expediting, shipping/receiving, Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC), inventory management.
- Supports Logistics Management to ensure logistics service companies comply with all prevailing regulatory, environmental and statutory requirements.
- Provides technical expertise and facilitates consistent coordination of Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS), Controls Integrity Management System (CIMS) and Logistic best practices.
- Provides technical support for Safety, Security, Health, and Environment (SSHE) programs and inspections of services and equipment including work-site inspections, security, audits and quality assurance verifications.
- Provides technical expertise and facilitates consistent coordination of complex risk assessments, incident investigation and engineering studies.
- Leads or participates in logistics cost management and productivity improvement plans.
- Leads or supports logistics teams trouble shooting issues.
- Provides technical expertise to support to ensure all Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and Export Controls requirements are met.
- Provides guidance for appropriate logistics components of Emergency Response Plans (ERP).
- Provides Subject Matter Expert (SME) guidance and support for aviation, marine, shore base, ground transportation and camp services.
- Supports Logistics Management as requested.
- Develops, maintains and shares Logistics best practices.
- Networks with cross-functional representatives and teams, industry associations, and suppliers.
- Development of project plans while identifying application opportunities for lessons learned & best practices sharing.
Skills and Qualifications
- BSc in Engineering, Construction Management, or other Technical Degree
- 5 - 30 years work experience.
- Experience in supply and logistics, preferably in international frontier operations
- Demonstrates strong planning, scheduling, coordination and administration skills. Demonstrates strong communication and interpersonal skills to work with Production, Development, Projects, Drilling and Exploration; able to network effectively across organizations.
- Behavioral Skills: adaptability, analytical capability, collaboration, effective communication, innovation
- Functional Skills: SSHE management - operations and maintenance, process planning and mechanical coordination, maintenance management, maintenance - mechanical, logistics, general marine operations
Application Closing Date
30th August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.