The Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN)
is a service organization statutorily charged with the responsibility of managing all Commercial Airports in Nigeria and providing services to both passengers and airlines.
OUR CORE FUNCTIONS:
- To develop, provide and maintain Airports, necessary services and facilities for safe, orderly, expeditious and economic operation of Air Transport.
- To provide adequate conditions under which passengers and goods may be carried by air and under which aircrafts may be used for other gainful purposes and prohibiting the carriage by air of goods of such classes as may be prescribed.
- To charge for services provided by the authority at airports.
- To provide accommodation and other facilities for the effective handling of passengers and freight.
- To develop and provide facilities for surface transportation within the airports.
- To carry out at the airports (either by itself or by an agent or in partnership with any other person), economic activities that are relevant to airports.
- To carry out at the airports (either by itself, its agents or in partnership with any other person) such other commercial activities which are not relevant to air transport.
- To provide adequate facilities and personnel for effective security at all airports.
- Generally, to create conditions for the development in the most economic and efficient manner of air transport and the services connected with it.
To effectively perform and uphold her mandate, FAAN seeks to hire passionate, motivated and highly qualified candidates to fill the position below at different locations throughout Nigeria:
Job Title: Assistant Fire Superintendent (AFS) - GL 06
Job Code: FAAN/AFS/009
- The successful candidate will work with the Aerodrome Fire Officer to perform duties, both in emergency and non-emergency situations, related to fire protection and emergency response. He or she will carry out the following job functions:
- Respond to fire incidents and conduct tasks including interior attack, ventilation, salvage, overhaul, or fire-ground support operations as directed.
- Respond to emergency medical incidents and serve as a member of the medical team as directed.
- Participate in emergency rescue operations and support specialized teams including various types of rescue incidents such as plane crash, electrical sparks, fast water trench, auto extrication, and building collapse
- Drive emergency vehicles operated by the department except for pumper and aerial apparatus.
- Participate in performing routine maintenance of all fire apparatus and tools of the Department.
- Work closely with the HOD at the airports to ensure that prescribed duties at station level are properly carried out.
Application Closing Date
- Minimum of OND/ND from any recognized institution.
- Pass Aptitude Test, Physical Fitness Test, and the Oral Job Interview.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team
- Height: Men 1.65 Meters Women: 1.60 Meters
- Age Limit: 18 - 30 Years as at last Birthday.
19th February, 2015.
Application and Aptitude Test Period
20th - 26th February, 2015.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should:
Click Here To Fill Application Form
Click Here To View Job Description
- To apply: log on to the employment portal at: faanrecruitment.com and follow the instructions.
- Applicants meeting the required qualifications will be considered for ONLINE Aptitude Test. Applicants selected for Aptitude Tests will be provided a Unique Test ID Number.
- Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online application, attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV), and other necessary support documents.
- The following documents are required and should be scanned and uploaded online where required:
- A comprehensive CV.
- All certificates from Primary School to the Highest Level of Education Obtained.
- Certificate of Local Government of Origin.
- Certificate of State of Origin.
- A Government Issued ID such as the National Identification Number (NIN), Nigerian International Passport, Valid Driver's License.
- A recent Passport (sized) Photo.
- Only applicants who fully meet the requirements and are being considered for Aptitude Test will be contacted.
- Only ONE JOB APPLICATION PER APPLICANT WILL BE ENTERTAINED. Applicants applying for more than one job will be automatically disqualified.
- No FEE is required for online application, test or interview!
- Please do not contact faan directly regarding this recruitment. Such Inquiries Will not be entertained and you may be disqualified.
- No Hard Copy applications will be accepted.