Pandagric Novum Limited was incorporated in 2006 under the name Novum Agric Industries. The business commenced operations in 2010, with the manufacture and distribution of commercial poultry feed, and in 2018, through a consortium of international and local investors, commenced its expansion and backward integration, which involves the expansion of its manufacturing activities, warehousing capacity and commercial farming activities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Training Officer
Reference Number: Panda/HR&Ent/2022/00002
Location: Panda, Nasarawa
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Training Manager
Roles and Responsibilities
- Liaising with existing staff to clarify job descriptions and related expectations.
- Drafting instructional manuals, onboarding materials, and other relevant documentation.
- Administer regular, detailed needs assessments to identify skills deficits.
- Orienting new hires to their function within the grand scheme, as well as established company norms.
- Addressing skills deficits through tailored in-house training.
- Coordinating external training as the need arises.
- Monitoring staff’s performance by liaising with line managers and department heads.
- Availing yourself as a sounding board for all employees with the explicit aim of improving their orientation and training.
- Upholding confidentiality, unless legally mandated to do otherwise.
- Perform any duties as assigned by the Training Manager.
Key Performance Indicators
- 100% training completion rate
- 100% departmental job and Job role competence rate
- 100% compliance rate
- 100% achievement of all assigned targets within the allotted time.
- Accuracy, speed, and efficiency of transitional processing and reporting
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree with an appropriate Business Science major is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Training Officer (essential).
- Relevant professional qualifications of regulatory bodies like CIPMN, SHRM, CIPD, etc. are added advantages.
Working Knowledge, Skills, Competencies and Attributes:
- Qualification in Instruction and/or learning design is advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience as a training officer.
- Proven track record of boosting company growth through training.
- Knowledge of all relevant performance tracking software and indices.
- Good understanding of contemporary HR and business procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to conduct thorough needs assessments to gauge training needs.
- Strong desktop and in-person research, presentation, and reporting skills.
- Energetic, determined, and highly capable disposition.
- Ability to organize skills assessment centers (in tray activities, work samples, psychometric and IQ/EQ tests, etc.)
- Familiarity with HR databases, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), and Candidate Management Systems (CMS)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong decision-making skills.
Application Closing Date
2nd October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as a single document, addressing the position requirements and Reference Number to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Reference Number as the subject of the email.