The African Development Bank Group - AfDB
is a development bank established with the intention of promoting economic and social development in Africa. It is owned and funded by member governments of which Nigeria is a strong member, and has a public-interest mandate to reduce poverty and promote sustainable development.Objectives
The main objectives of the Computer Graphics Designer in the Bank’s External Relations and Communication Unit (ERCU) are to draw up technical specifications, terms and requirements for the Bank’s promotional products and follow up tasks entrusted to photoengravers and printers.
This position is also aimed at giving visual expression to the Bank’s African multicultural dimension, through promotional products and publications.Duties and responsibilities
The main duties of the Computer Graphics Designer are:
- Carry out typographic and graphic arrangement of texts, images and drawings (layouts).
- Conceive, process and digitize designs and documents using CAP software (illustrations, page make-up, picture touch-ups...).
- Edit and finalize graphics such as logos, illustrations, data charts.
- Use scanner to generate various images and black and white or color pictures and transform them using image processing software (photomontage).
- Perform or prepare his/her work for the printing process
- Monitor and control pre-press and printing quality.
This Position Does Not Afford International PrivilegesSelection Criteria
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- At least a Bachelor Degree in Computer Graphic Design, Marketing, Visual Communications or relevant related fields
- Minimum of five (5) years’ relevant practical experience, with mastery of the entire graphic chain as well as printing and processing skills;
- Proficiency with CAP tools is essential (Xpress, Illustrator and Photoshop in a Macintosh environment). Knowledge of PC environment would be an advantage.
- Able to prepare technical data packages using CAP skills; transmission of all technical elements to designated contractors, to allow for production up to standard.
- Excellent oral and writing skills in one of the two Bank working languages.
- General knowledge on African cultures:
- Readily available and willing to assist; flexible concerning work hours.
- Prepared to accept work under pressure
6th November, 2009Method of Application
Applicants will only be considered if they submit (preferably electronically, to: [email protected]
) a fully completed Personal History Form (PHF), available from the Bank’s web site, and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating date of birth and nationality.
For more details and application of this job, please click here