Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency. The association leads in average 140 projects by year in the following sectors of intervention: food security, health, nutrition, construction and rehabilitation of infrastructures, water, sanitation, hygiene and economic recovery. PUI is providing assistance to around 4 million people in 22 countries - in Africa, Asia, Middle East, Caucasus and Europe.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Administrative and Financial Coordinator
Job ID: #1387961
In the beginning, the strategy will be focused on:
- Improving food security of the vulnerable population affected by the crisis via e-voucher / gardening / IGA
- Improving access to water, sanitation and hygiene via rehabilitation and construction of boreholes, wells and latrines and access to hygiene and shelter Non Food Items (via e voucher)
- During the course of February a health and mental health assessment will be realized in order to complete our analysis and to be able to set a referral system up for malnutrition cases and psychosocial in Maiduguri (Borno State).
- As part of our activities in Nigeria, we are looking for An Administrative and Financial Coordinator.
- The Administrative and Financial Coordinator is accountable for the financial, accounting and budgetary management of the mission.
- Financial, budgetary and accounting management: He/She is responsible for all aspects relating to finance, including budgetary and accounting elements, as well as the mission cash flow.
- Relation with donors: He/She will be in charge of budgeting the proposals, doing the donor financial reports and organizing the audits of the projects on the field.
- Relations with auditors: He/She supervises the audits on the field.
- Representation: He/She represents the association in its relations with partners, authorities and different local players for the financial, administrative, legal and human resources areas of the mission.
- Coordination: He/She centralizes and diffuses information within the mission and to headquarters for all financial, administrative, legal and human resources aspects of the mission, and consolidates the internal and external reporting for these domains.
- HR supervision: In the absence of HR coordinator (position not funded any more by main donors) and in support to the national HR team, he/she is in charge of supervising the HR department functioning. He/She is in charge of Expat HR management for all administrative subjects.
- To stay up to date with our new job offers, join our Facebook group My Job In The Field.
- Required: Financial management / Accounting
- Desirable: Project management, Human Resource Management, Legal knowledge (contracts, HR…)
- Humanitarian: Mandatory
Personal Characteristics Expected
- English is mandatory, French desirable
- Great capacity to delegate
- Resistance to pressure
- Good Stress Management
- Organization and method
- Sense of responsibility
- Great listening skills, empathy
- Adaptability, priority management, practicality
- Diplomacy and ability to negotiate
- Good communication
- Honesty and thoroughness
- Ability to remain calm and level-headed
- General ability to resist stress and particularly in unstable circumstances.
- Employed with a 6 months Fixed-Term Contract.
- Monthly gross income: from 1 980 up to 2 310 Euros depending on the experience in International Solidarity + 50 Euros per semester seniority with PUI
- Cost covered: Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission, visas, vaccines…
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accommodation
- Daily living Expenses (« Per diem »)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months.
1st March, 2016.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2016.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please send their Application (Resume and Cover Letter) to "Romain Gautier, Human Resources Officer" for Expatriates at: [email protected]
with the following subject: "CAF Nigeria".