Plateau State Government of Nigeria - Plateau State is implementing a 2-years World Bank Assisted additional financing of Community and Social Development Project (CSDP). The Project has the objective to increase access of poor people (in rural communities) to improved social and natural resources infrastructure service in a sustainable manner through the provision of grant support to benefiting communities for implementation of community driven micro-projects under approved Community Development Plan (CDP)
To commence State-level implementation of the additional financing, we seek to employ suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager
Roles and Responsibilities
The General Manager shall:
Qualification and Experience
- Exercise the powers and functions of the Project/Agency as provided for in the Project implementation Manual.
- Be in charge of General Administration of CSDP.
- Manage Project/Agency personnel
- Be the Accounting Officer of the Project/Agency
- Give approval for proposal of CDPs recommended by the Project Management Communities
- Authorize expenditure in accordance with the annual budget and Work Programme of the Project/Agency as approved by Board of Directors (BOD).
- Represent the Project/Agency in all its dealings with third parties at the level of Management
- Engage in dialogue with donors and those capable of providing complementary technical and administrative skills and financial resources
- Delegate his authority to the staff of the Agency to the extent necessary for the efficient performance of the activities of SCDP
- Perform such other duties as may be required for the effective functioning of the Project/Agency
- Ensure regular reporting and adherence to the Project/Agency reporting relationship with the Project Financial Management Unit (PFMU) Board of Directors (BOD), State Government, Federal Project Support Unit (FPSU), Federal Ministry of finance and the World Bank.
- A university Degree in Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, and/or any other relevant Degree with at least Fifteen years (15) post qualification experiences in the public or private sector, fire of which must be at Management level.
- An experience in the management of rural development projects shall be an added advantage.
- Applicant must be a computer literate.
This position is remunerated based on agreed terms with the World Bank.
Application Closing Date
21st March, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should address and submit their signed Applications to:
The Board Chairman,
Plateau State Community and Social Development Agency,
Plot 3118, Rayfield Road,
Opposite West Wood Park School,
Jos - Plateau State.