Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Crane Operator & Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO)
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Rotation
- Crane Operator undertakes all types of crane lifting operations inboard and outboard following clients standard during all FPSO activities and operations.
He is responsible:
- For the safe and efficient operation of the various cranes located on the FPSO.
- For safety and efficiently lifting and moving/relocating equipment, containers, pipe, systems, stores and various materials and supplies utilized in the operations and daily functions of the FPSO.
- This includes offloading and back-loading of equipment and cargoes from supply vessels, as well as moving heavy or bulky materials throughout the FPSO.
- In exceptional situation and upon request of the site’s RSES, personnel transfer by FROG might be requested to be performed.
- Acts as HLO.
- He prepares and verifies all lifting equipment prior lifting operations (condition and certification).
- He carries out the lifting operations on board the FPSO according to site’s procedures.
- He supervises the safe slinging and rigging of equipment.
- He plans and calculates load capacities to ensure that all cargoes are lifted within the safe lifting parameters of cranes.
- He performs FPSO lifting equipment maintenance (1st level) including the cable change.
- He receives and transfers cargoes from/to supply vessels.
- He maintains safe crane operations as per company and manufacturers procedures/guidelines within the crane’s capabilities.
- He must be knowledgeable in all facets of crane operations and safety procedures.
- He supports the lifting certification inspector during lifting equipment certification.
- He monitors and assesses work environment, including weather conditions.
- He carries out a daily visual inspection of the cranes and associated equipment (wires, hoist, etc…).
- He participates in FPSO lifting equipment maintenance activities above first level.
- He is entitles to stop any crane lifting for safety reasons (weather conditions, etc…).
- He reports on basis a daily, weekly, monthly FPSO the deck activities to the Marine Operation Manager (MOM)
- He fills crane operator log book.
- He recovers data to perform activity and maintenance reports.
- He acts as Helicopter Landing Officer and is in charge of refuelling operations.
- Promote clients Project HSEQ rules
- He shall ensure that HSE aspects including the 12 golden rules are applied in all activities under his supervision or participation.
- Stay vigilant and maintain continuous awareness of hazards and surroundings during activities.
- Participate to local programmes or initiatives to improve HSE performances.
- Report to his Management on any issue he may face or observe and propose way of improvement.
- To also take care of colleagues safety and behaviour without hesitating to intervene where necessary.
- To fully comply with Security rules about Traveling in Nigeria.
- To fully comply with all HSE requirements at all sites. Particularly the FPSO yards and sites.
- Ensures that the contractors commissioning execution plan respects the clients HSE Plan.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in lifting operations is required, with 2 years at the level stage 3 as minimum.
- Crane operator (level OPITO 3 or equivalent) with man-riding certification.
- Experience in driving Liebher crane with Knuckle boom.
- Experience in Oil & Gas Industry is required (working in hazardous area, ATEX concept).
- Fluent in English.
- Technical knowledge of lifting equipments found offshore (offshore cranes, gantry cranes, forklifts, slings, etc.).
- Exhaustive knowledge of International lifting standards and best practices (EN, FME, ISO, etc.).
- Ability to understand risk analysis, lifting plan.
- Good writing skills (issuance of reports, audits, synthesis).
- Bosiet Certificate.
- OPITO Helicopter landing officer certificate (HLO).
Application Closing Date
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of alertness and concentration.
- Supervisory experiences and ability to work in multi-engineering and multi-cultural teams.
- Team working, adaptability, communication skills, proven record of achievement within crane operations.
- Ability to communicate by radio with multinational teams.
5th April, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online