Médecins du Monde or Doctors of the World, is an international humanitarian non-profit organization that provides emergency and long-term medical care to vulnerable populations while advocating for equal access to healthcare worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Driver
Supervisor: Logistic Officer
- Under the supervision of the logistic officer, and in technical link with the Logistic coordinator, the Driver is in charge of driving MdM vehicles according to the MdM procedures, and assisting the logistics team for maintenance of the office/guesthouse/warehouse and loading/unloading goods and material into the cars.
- Driving vehicles and passenger safety and security of transported materials/equipment’s :
- Following MDM driving Regulation
- Adapting his/her behavior and driving to assure passengers' security, MDM equipment and the rest of road/street users (drivers, pedestrians, etc.).
- Always drive according to the Nigerian circulation code and respecting speed limits
- Always wearing safety belt while driving and ensuring all passengers do the same
- Ensuring having a valid driving license and always have it ready for any eventual inspection
- Ensuring that all necessary documents are valid and renewed before the expiration date (yearly road safety check, registration of main drivers with the Rental Company, etc.)
- Maintenance of the vehicle
- Checking on a regular basis the vehicle's motor, oil level, breaks liquid, air pressure of wheels, wind shield liquid, etc.
- Alerting direct supervisor in case of technical problem or need for maintenance
- Organizing or if possible carrying out of any necessary maintenance after validation of direct supervisor
- Ensuring the vehicle is clean on the inside and outside
- Ensuring all necessary equipment and material is present in the vehicle and in good condition (tools, spare wheel, airlift, belts, ropes, etc.)
- Refilling the fuel tank each time the tank is at half of its capacity
- Remaining stand-by in the office in between movements
- Realize small purchases following the orders of the logistics officer
- Fill a logbook with kilometers and fuel consumption he does
- Supporting the team for manual tasks (load/unload the vehicle)
- Participate in internal work meetings and inform MdM team on log issues
- Report any security related issues to the supervisor
- Supporting operational organization of field trips
- Maintaining full confidentiality for all work-related information
Application Closing Date
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem
- Perform other additional duties on request of the logistics officer
- Respect MdM rules and regulations including driver’s rules
26th May, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and Cover Letter via email to: email@example.com
Either in person, deliver to MDM Office
- We’ll pay attention only to the complete files in English.
- Our process of selection include some test and interviews.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted