Centre for Health, Education, Economic, Rehabilitation and Social Security (CHEERS) is one of the leading indigenous Implementing Partners in Nigeria focussing on mitigating the impact of HIV/AIDs, Malaria and Tuberculosis in Nigeria. CHEERS mission is to improve the quality of lives of vulnerable population groups in rural communities across Nigeria by increasing access to healthcare services, education and economic empowerment.
CHEERS is currently scaling up TB/HIV program coordination and implementation within the 6 geopolitical zones of Nigeria and is in need of competent/qualified persons to fill up the vacant position listed below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Desired Start Date: January 2018
Summary of Position
- The Procurement Officer will be responsible for the timely procurement and delivery of high quality, low-cost health and non-health products as well as the proper processing of assigned purchase orders on the project.
- In order to carry out these responsibilities, the Procurement Office selects and evaluates the performance of vendors, and coordinates the overall vendor/organization relationship.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ensures the timely delivery of quality health and non-health products at the lowest possible cost
- Initiates the process of vendor prequalification and selection
- Participates in the selection of vendors based on agreed criteria
- Conduct a periodic comparative analysis on vendors prices
- Reviews and evaluates the performance of vendors and suppliers
- Processes the necessary procurement payment documents
- Prepare Local Purchase Orders and issue same to vendors after management approval
- Closely liaising with vendors to ensure service optimization
- Ensures the proper management of procurement department operations
- Carries out all necessary procurement activities
- Ensures the proper processing of assigned vendor purchase orders
- Verifies quantification of orders
- Verifies that the required order is within the agreed budget
- Submits final invoices to the Finance and Accounts Department
- Write monthly procurement operations report and submit to management
- Conducts any other assignment as assigned by the supervisor
What We Offer
- Candidates should be holders of a University degree in Social or Management Sciences with at least 3 years of work experience in TB/HIV in Nigeria.
- Experience in Procurement related activities is preferred
- Knowledge of TB/HIV health and non-health products especially in a treatment setting.
- Experience in Global Fund project procurement and supply chain management.
- Computer skills (MS Office), specifically Microsoft Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to learn quickly and expand scope of functions.
- Integrity, professional discretion and ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to assume ultimate responsibility, work under pressure.
- Knowledge of the design and implementation of LMIS, and other procurement related software
- Ability to work in and around team building environment and work under pressure.
Application Closing Date
- Challenging working environment with scope for professional and personal development;
- Being part of a dedicated, motivated and intercultural team;
- Salary depending on the capacity and experience of the candidate.
- Candidates must meet all the criteria of minimum qualification.
24th November, 2017
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org