Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB)
invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into Nigeria Tertiary Institutions through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) for the 2014/2015 academic session which shall be on Computer Based Test (CBT) with the option of Dual Based Test (DBT) and Paper Pencil Test (PPT).
2.0 Registration Period
The registration period is 4th November, 2013 to 14th March, 2014 and the website closes on Tuesday, 25th March, 2014.
3.0 General Entry Requirements
The general entry requirements approved for admission into the First Degree, National Diploma (ND), National Innovation Diploma (MD), and Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) programmes in Universities, other Degree-Awarding Institutions, Monotechnics, Polytechnics, Innovation Enterprise Institutes and Colleges of Education are available in the Brochure which accompanies registration materials.
Please note that a matriculated student in any university is not eligible to sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) except those who are transferring from foreign Universities.
3.3 Entry by Direct Application (DE)
4.0 Change of Courses and/or Institutions.
- Applicants with one of the following qualifications may be considered for admission by Direct Entry:
- A minimum of five (5) subjects passed at not more than two sittings with at least two at the Principal or Advanced level of the G.C.E. and the others, at credit level of the SSCE/GCE, NTC/NBC. No subject shall be counted at both Ordinary and Advanced levels.
- Two passes at the LIMB Advanced Level Examination or Cambridge moderated Schools of Basic Studies Terminal Examination or Institute of Baccalaureate from recognised institutions with SSCE/GCE, NTS/NBC credits equivalent in three other subjects (SUBJECT TO UNIVERSITY REQUIREMENTS).
- Passes in two major subjects in the NCE with S.S.C.E, NTC/NBC credits or equivalents in THREE other subjects (mainly for Education Courses). Education may be accepted as a third A’Level subject for those taking courses in Education.
5.0 Date and Venue for the 2014 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination
- Change of course(s) and/or institutions shall be allowed by the Board after the release of results.
- The fee for change of course(s) and/or institutions is N2,500.00 (Two Thousand, Five Hundred Naira only).
6.0 Registration Fees
- The date for the conduct of the examination is Saturday, 5th April, 2014 for Paper Pencil Test (PPT) and Dual Based Test (DBT). The date for Computer Based Test (CBT) will be announced later.
- The venue of the examination will be at the candidates’ chosen town during on-line registration.
Registration fee for the 2014 Unified Tertiary Matriculation
Examination is Four Thousand Naira (N4,000)
only payable in cash in any of the approved banks listed below:
- Union Bank Plc
- Zenith Bank Plc
- Skye Bank Plc
Application documents can also be obtained from any of JAMB Offices across the country with Bank Draft addressed to THE REGISTRAR, JAMB and made payable in Abuja.
7.0 Registration Documents.
At the point of purchase of the c-registration scratch cards, the following documents shall be made available for collection by every candidate.
7.1 Please note that the items listed above are at NO EXTRA cost to the candidates.
8.0 Registration Centres
- Writing Materials and Calc1ilator. These should be kept and brought to the examination centre on the day of the examination.
- Syllabus for the examination in soft copy.
- Guidelines on admission (Brochure) in soft and hard copies, detailing list of Tertiary Institutions and available programmes of study.
9.0 General Information
- The Board has obtained the list of accredited cyber-cafes throughout the country from the National Communication Commission (NCC).
- All cyber-cafe owners who are interested in the UTME registration exercise should visit JAM B’s website for necessary documentation.
- Documentation of cyber-cafes is compulsory as it is being introduced to prevent fraudulent practices that can jeopardise the interest of the candidates.
- Candidates are advised to register at such cyber-cafés only for a fee not more than Seven Hundred Naira (N700.00).
- The registration fee, once paid is not refundable.
- Registration for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) is On-line (via internet) and all applicants are advised to register by themselves. All required information must be provided.
- Applicants are advised to read and understand the instructions on how to complete the on-line registration before visiting any cybercafé that has flatbed scanner or digital camera to handle passport photograph capture.
- Candidates should study the guidelines on admission before registration.
- Candidates who damage or lose their scratch cards before registration will have to purchase another scratch card.
- Multiple entries are not allowed. Candidates who register more than once will have their entire results cancelled.
- Candidates should note that their uploaded image or photograph will be embossed on their result slips and admission letters.
- Candidates can access the Board’s website on www.jamb.org.ng for registration using the registration scratch card. Registration can be done on the website at anytime within the stipulated registration period through any of the accredited and authorised internet cafes.
- Candidates are to note that irrespective of their choice of course of study or method of testing, they will also be tested on these two general books.
- The Successors by Jerry Agada
- The Potter’s Wheel by Chukwuemeka Ike
Candidates are to note that there will be no extension of the date of registration.
Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board
Suleja Road, Bwari,
P.M.B. 189, Gark1, Abuja, Nigeria.
Phone: 08072522813, 07031283713, 07031283662, 08080116631.
. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
11, Ojora Road, Ikoyi
PMB 12748, Lagos
Tel: 08058510273 (Mr. Kamaldeen Oladeji)
Liaison Office (FCT)
2nd Floor, Annex II
Federal Secretariat Complex
Shehu Shagari Way, Abuja
Tel: 08035769697 (Mr. Ademiloye Babatope)
Tafawa Balewa Way
PMB 2200, Kaduna
Tel: 08033338039 (Mr. Matthew Audu)