ActionAid Nigeria (AAN)
is one of ActionAid Country Programmes around the world. ActionAid is an International Non-Governmental organization registered in The Netherlands with headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa. ActionAid International works in 50 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas. 22 of these country programmes, affiliates or associates are in Africa and are led by Africans.
We have been doing development work on the continent since 1972 and in Nigeria since 1999. ActionAid works with the poor and excluded in Africa, promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and governments with the aim of achieving structural changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world. To effectively consolidate on our country strategy, AAN is inviting applications from qualified candidates to fill the position of Finance Officer (2 positions) based in Lagos & Abuja.
Job Post: Finance Officers (2 Positions)
Education & Qualifications
- Degree in Accounting or Finance is essential.
- ICAN PE I certified is desirable
Skills & Abilities
- At least five (5) years post NYSC experience, three (3) of which should have been spent in a finance position with Sound Practical Knowledge of SUN accounting software and Spreadsheets (MS Office in general) are essential.
- Experience in working with international development agencies is desirable.
- Attention to details; fluency in spoken and written English language; ability to work independently and in a team & highly numerate skills are essential.
- Excellent planning and prioritisation skills & strong analytical/problem solving skills are desirable.
A well developed and proven interpersonal & organisational management skills; ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment; creative and able to take initiative; ready to work additional hours at crucial times and a high sense of integrity are essential.
9th May, 2011
How To Apply
All interested candidates should fill in the application form as accessed from the application pack on www.actionaid-nigeria.org
The application pack contains the Vacancy announcement, Job Description and Application form.
ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women are particularly welcome. Applications are also particularly welcome from candidates living with HIV/AIDs (PLWHAs).
Only electronically completed application forms will be entertained and should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will ONLY be considered if submitted on AAN’s Standard Application forms.