Posted on Wed 12th Oct, 2011 - hotnigerianjobs.com --- (0 comments)
BAT Nigeria is recruiting to fill the vacant position of Sourcing Manager - Operations
Job Title: Sourcing Manager - Operations
Location: Lagos and Ibadan
Reference Number: OM/NIG/NGN/SM/10-10-11
Reports to: Procurement Business Manager
Requisition Number: 2
- Responsible for the development and execution of sourcing plans within the area. Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
- To ensure the end market category sourcing and contracts meet the business requirements through the execution of the strategic sourcing process.
- To apply global policies, standards and platforms including the agreed Sourcing Management methodology and approach and to deliver robust terms and conditions that manages BAT’s service delivery and commercial risk.
- To lead the process of sourcing execution to ensure delivery of the stakeholder requirements and targets.
- To drive and facilitate “source to contract” for specific end market categories. This includes the resolution of any contracts related issues and includes one-off spend items.
- To ensure contracts are completed for all relevant agreements and that SLA’s (Service Level Agreements) have been agreed with the relevant business owner.
- To manage negotiation and supplier selection within the framework of any category strategies or sourcing strategies.
- To apply the agreed global policies, standards and platforms.
- Provide forecasts on prices and market changes as an input into planning where appropriate.
- To own commercial supply base management building strong internal and external business relationships to ensure the delivery of the category goals.
- To facilitate the creation of supplier SLA’s and performance check-points. Manage and resolve contractual performance issues and escalate where required.
- To identify new products and services that may impact on sourcing execution and escalate to the Procurement Business Manager Operations.
- To propose and/or develop alternate solutions alongside new products and services
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Thorough knowledge of supply market, supplier capabilities and competitor activity, and expected trends at a local level.
- Proven capability of applying supplier management techniques to ensure contracted benefits are delivered.
- Supplier and contract management experience.
- Detailed understanding of financial evaluation and interpretation of supplier’s records and their key cost and business drivers.
- Full understanding of the category total cost model, cost drivers and all factors needed to ensure a robust agreement for BAT (including specification and testing requirements).
- Understanding of the processes, timelines and constraints for the development and delivery of new products.
- Professional knowledge of procurement principals, including high order negotiation skills.
- Sound knowledge of corporate regulations and legislation to ensure the creation of effective group contracts.
- Experience of sourcing at a local level for a period of 2 years minimum.
- High level of commercial awareness and strong numerical ability
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven negotiation skills and influencing skills: able to influence business partners and suppliers as well as the ability to be assertive if required to ensure compliance to contract. Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
- Ability to develop and maintain effective partnerships working across geographic boundaries.
- A focus on service delivery and savings.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant business discipline
- CIPS Corporate Diploma in Purchasing and/or membership of The Chartered Institute for Purchasing and Supply or equivalent country qualification or membership would be an advantage
- Deliver service level expectations (supply, quality, innovation, risk management)
- Deliver robust contracts consistent with BAT’s standard terms & conditions
- Report performance against target to End Market Procurement Business Manager
- Deliver sourcing targets for their % of category spend
Note: If you are subscribed to our daily job alert and you no longer receive it, please check your Spam / Bulk folder and see if it is ending up there. If found, select and click Not Spam. OR, add our email address to your Contacts list. Your right to genuine information - INFORMATION IS POWER.
Sometimes it is difficult tracing back cherished posts. Now it is as easy as saving Favourite Posts and retrieving them by simply clicking My Favourite Posts
at the top login bar. To enable us match your favourite posts with your name, you need to register a free account with hotnigerianjobs.com. You can use your facebook to Register or Login, just click the facebook button below:
OR, use our system to Login by Clicking here
or Register by Clicking here