BAT Nigeria is recruiting to fill the vacant position of Sourcing Manager - Operations
Job Title: Sourcing Manager - Operations
Location: Lagos and Ibadan
Reference Number: OM/NIG/NGN/SM/10-10-11
Reports to: Procurement Business Manager
Requisition Number: 2
- Responsible for the development and execution of sourcing plans within the area. Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
- To ensure the end market category sourcing and contracts meet the business requirements through the execution of the strategic sourcing process.
- To apply global policies, standards and platforms including the agreed Sourcing Management methodology and approach and to deliver robust terms and conditions that manages BAT’s service delivery and commercial risk.
- To lead the process of sourcing execution to ensure delivery of the stakeholder requirements and targets.
- To drive and facilitate “source to contract” for specific end market categories. This includes the resolution of any contracts related issues and includes one-off spend items.
- To ensure contracts are completed for all relevant agreements and that SLA’s (Service Level Agreements) have been agreed with the relevant business owner.
- To manage negotiation and supplier selection within the framework of any category strategies or sourcing strategies.
- To apply the agreed global policies, standards and platforms.
- Provide forecasts on prices and market changes as an input into planning where appropriate.
- To own commercial supply base management building strong internal and external business relationships to ensure the delivery of the category goals.
- To facilitate the creation of supplier SLA’s and performance check-points. Manage and resolve contractual performance issues and escalate where required.
- To identify new products and services that may impact on sourcing execution and escalate to the Procurement Business Manager Operations.
- To propose and/or develop alternate solutions alongside new products and services
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Thorough knowledge of supply market, supplier capabilities and competitor activity, and expected trends at a local level.
- Proven capability of applying supplier management techniques to ensure contracted benefits are delivered.
- Supplier and contract management experience.
- Detailed understanding of financial evaluation and interpretation of supplier’s records and their key cost and business drivers.
- Full understanding of the category total cost model, cost drivers and all factors needed to ensure a robust agreement for BAT (including specification and testing requirements).
- Understanding of the processes, timelines and constraints for the development and delivery of new products.
- Professional knowledge of procurement principals, including high order negotiation skills.
- Sound knowledge of corporate regulations and legislation to ensure the creation of effective group contracts.
- Experience of sourcing at a local level for a period of 2 years minimum.
- High level of commercial awareness and strong numerical ability
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven negotiation skills and influencing skills: able to influence business partners and suppliers as well as the ability to be assertive if required to ensure compliance to contract. Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
- Ability to develop and maintain effective partnerships working across geographic boundaries.
- A focus on service delivery and savings.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant business discipline
- CIPS Corporate Diploma in Purchasing and/or membership of The Chartered Institute for Purchasing and Supply or equivalent country qualification or membership would be an advantage
- Deliver service level expectations (supply, quality, innovation, risk management)
- Deliver robust contracts consistent with BAT’s standard terms & conditions
- Report performance against target to End Market Procurement Business Manager
- Deliver sourcing targets for their % of category spend