Oando Nigeria Plc
is recruiting Rig Safety Officers.
Job Title: Rig Safety Officer
Department: Rig Operations
Support the HSE welfare of the rig by being highly visible on deck for the majority of the Day.
- Observe operations on a daily basis. Advise and actively assist personnel on safe working practices. Authority I
- Monitor all critical operations (routine and non-routine). Act, correct, communicate and educate where required. Authority I
- Promotes and participate in the Company THINK, START and FOCUS processes. Authority I
- Promotes awareness, education and use of COLORS and Company pyramid. Authority I
- Promotes 100% compliance, 100% of the time by all personnel onboard with Company HS&E Management System.
- Observe onboard operations on a daily basis. Advise personnel on safe working practices. Be available to monitor critical operations. Authority II
- Advises on the Permit To Work System, Risk Assessment and Risk Management. Authority II
- Assists supervisors with the planning and development of HS&E Meeting. Authority I
- Participates in daily meetings with the OIM, Department Heads and Client Representative. Authority II
- Monitors compliance of HS&E orientation and induction for all personnel. Authority II
- Monitors helicopter operations on a random basis for compliance. Authority II
- Assists with emergency drill planning and drill debriefs. Authority II
- Carries out noise assessments and make abatement recommendations. Authority II
- Monitors housekeeping in all areas. Authority II
- Assist in monitoring the use and control of hazardous material in line with Company policy and local regulation. Authority I
- Assist the OIM in incident investigation. Authority II
- Assists the OIM and Departmental Supervisor’s with monitoring improvement opportunities and corrective actions required by internal and external HS&E audits. Authority II
- Communicate all HS&E & Training matters of significance to the Supervisors, OIM and HS&E & Training Department. Authority II
- Assists the OIM in the setting up and running of the HS&E Steering Committee. Is part of the HS&E Steering Committee. Authority II
- Coordinates and administers the Company HS&E & Training management systems onboard. Assists, recommends and advises the OIM, Department Supervisors and Crews on
- HS&E and Training matters. Provides the vital link between the HS&E & Training organizations onshore and the offshore workforce.
- HS&E Advisor and HS&E Manager in the offshore environment. Is proactive in all matters concerning the safety and welfare of all personnel onboard.
- Meets the training requirements as per the applicable training matrix. Authority I
- High school diploma or equivalent. Work experience and demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
- Preferably three years experience working on Company installation. Consideration may be given to candidates with three years of HS&E experience in associated industries.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and communicate effectively with non-English and English speaking crews on issues related to QHSE.Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates.
- Basic computer skills.
7th February, 2012
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
We noticed that candidates try to login to the Oando career portal as if they are logging to their email portal with the email and password of their email addresses. Candidates must register first with Oando Career portal before application. if you have registered before, just login when the page opens, otherwise just click "Click here to Register" at the Oando Career Portal. Registration is free.
Sometimes it is difficult tracing back cherished posts. Now it is as easy as saving Favourite Posts and retrieving them by simply clicking My Favourite Posts
at the top login bar. To enable us match your favourite posts with your name, you need to register a free account with hotnigerianjobs.com. You can use your facebook to Register or Login, just click the facebook button below:
OR, use our system to Login by Clicking here
or Register by Clicking here