The National Academy of Human Resources, founded in 1992, is the organization where individuals of distinction in human resources are recognized for exceptional professional achievement by election as "Fellows of the NAHR". The Academy also occasionally recognizes human resource related groups as "Honored Institutions/ Organizations". In addition, the NAHR furthers the HR profession through the Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO) Academy and other philanthropic and educational activities.
2012 National Academy of Human Resources Ram Charan HR Essay Contest
Essays are requested from university undergrads and graduate students globally majoring in Human Resources, Industrial/Labor Relations or related fields for the following topic:
How can organizations recapture the hearts and minds of employees to gain the highest commitment and performance given the restructuring focus of the past several years?
Essays will be evaluated and judged by a panel of distinguished HR professionals – Fellows of the National Academy of Human Resources (NAHR). The NAHR is an honorific organization which recognizes individuals and institutions of distinction in Human Resources for exceptional professional achievement. Copied from: hotnigerianjobs.com
Essay contest winners will be announced at the NAHR annual installation of new Fellows on November 1, 2012 in New York City. Contest winners expenses will be paid to attend the ceremony. The award is named for Dr. Ram Charan, a Distinguished Fellow of the NAHR and a world renowned author, speaker and business advisor. For over 35 years Dr. Charan has consulted with some of the world’s most successful leaders and companies.
Cash Prizes of $20,000.....$10,000.....$5,000 (U.S. Dollar)
Awarded for the best three essays
Essay evaluation criteria:
- Addresses the topic
- Provides original thoughts
- Adds value
- Readable and persuasive
- Bonus for academic or research references
i.) Minimum 5 pages, maximum 20 pages (Number of pages refers to essay, not reference material. those pages should be numbered).
ii.) Double spaced, 12 point font Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com--
iii.) Cover sheet to include:
- Degree area
- Contact information: Phone number, Mailing address, Email address
iv.) APA format accepted (but not required)
Method of Submission
Submit by email (PDF format) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
President, National Academy of Human Resources
Deadline for Submission has been extended to August 1, 2012 (original due date June 15, 2012)
- Students must be enrolled in an HR, Industrial/Labor Relations or related field degree concentration at the time of the contest deadline (August 1, 2012) -- or graduated in May or June 2012. Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
- The contest is open to undergrad and grad students worldwide.
- Maximum of 5 authors per essay; must split award.
- Entrants may submit more than 1 paper.
- Essays can be submitted directly by students with or without a faculty sponsor/adviser. In the latter case, the faculty sponsor/adviser will provide a brief statement (less than 100 words) about why he/she is serving in this capacity, and will attest to a statement included as part of the Contest stating: "I have played no role in writing this essay and will not share in the financial award should this student's essay win such an award."
For more information visit: www.nationalacademyhr.org