British American Tobacco (www.bat.com
) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
The SMD function is looking for smart and vibrant individuals who has flair for diverse and unusual challenges, and passion for making a real impact in an environment where standards are high, to fill the role of an Operator.
Job title: Production Operator
Job number: 216BR
Appointment type: Permanent
To support the efficient production of cigarettes by displaying competencies in controlling, operating and monitoring cigarette manufacturing machines, within a given period, to specified quality standards, at optimum cost, in a safe and environmentally compliant manner within the Secondary Manufacturing Department.
- The jobholder has to operate within the following legal requirements and has a personal responsibility to adhere to: Factories Act of Federal Government of Nigeria & BAT EHS Policy and guidelines.
- Maintain close contact with user department (SMD PMD,Engineering,QA etc)
- Job holder must possess either an O’ Level School certificate , Trade Test certificate, City & Guilds of London certificate or National Diploma certificate in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of two years experience operating a GD121 / GDX2 /GDX3 Machine.
- Must pass the Operational proficiency test.
- Spatial / Abstract Reasoning/ Hand-Eye Coordination.
- Very good team player, Self-driven, creative and proactive.
- Motivation (ability to motivate team members to deliver great results)
- Ability to work under pressure with little or no supervision
- Ability to relate with colleagues and other stakeholder through effective use of oral and written communications.
- Physical abilities according to man-task specifications.
- Working at BAT
Application Closing Date:
22nd October, 2012
Method of Application
Interested candidates should