Oando Nigeria Plc
, Africa’s leading integrated energy solutions provider and the Largest Independent and Privately Owned Oil Trading Company in Africa. Oando is currently seeking experienced professionals for the role: Shipping, Trading Operations & Chartering Supervisor
Vacancy Title: Tax Analyst, Strategy & Planning
Job Title: Tax Analyst, Strategy & Planning
Division/Department: Group Tax Department
2. ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
Directly Reports to: Supervisor, Tax Strategy & Planning
Indirectly Reports to: Group Tax Manager
3. JOB SUMMARY
The Tax Analyst, Strategy & Planning has the primary responsibility of working with the supervisor to develop tax planning strategies for Oando operating entities (in all the subsectors of the Oil & Gas industry). The job incumbent has responsibility of conducting appropriate research and engaging in fact finding activities necessary for the development of Tax strategies for Oando. The objective is to ensure that the strategies and tax planning ideas can be successfully implemented by Oando.
4. SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts research on tax legislations related to Oando’s businesses both within and outside Nigeria.
- Identifies tax planning opportunities applicable to Oando’s operations based on the result of the tax research conducted. - - Assists the Supervisor in developing tax structures and models for the operating entities.
- Identifies International best practices for tax policy and strategy applicable to Oando.
- Operational Prepares monthly tax bulletin on tax issues within Oando.
- Prepares quarterly tax news letters on recent happenings within the Nigerian tax environment.
- Reviews tax legislations applicable to Oando entities operating outside Nigeria and provide guidance notes on compliance requirements for Oando operations in those countries.
- Developmental Assists the Group Tax Manager with the coordination of tax training for Oando.
5. KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Regular and timely publication of tax bulletin and news letters Quality and practicability of tax planning ideas.
Effective coordination of tax training within Oando.
6. QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
1st Degree in Accounting, Finance, Law or other related area.
1 - 2 years cognate work experience from a reputable organization or Tax Consulting firm.
7. KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
Strong financial and analytical skills Good report writing skills Self motivating Computer literacy Strategy Development, Articulation and Execution Oral & Written Communication skills Excellent research skills Financial and Illustrative Modeling skills. Oil & Gas Industry Dynamics
How To Apply
Closing Date is 12th July, 2010
You must be a registered member on Oando website to apply for this job. Registration is free.
Click Here To Apply Online
Sometimes it is difficult tracing back cherished posts. Now it is as easy as saving Favourite Posts and retrieving them by simply clicking My Favourite Posts
at the top login bar. To enable us match your favourite posts with your name, you need to register a free account with hotnigerianjobs.com. You can use your facebook to Register or Login, just click the facebook button below:
OR, use our system to Login by Clicking here
or Register by Clicking here