, as part of its strategic plan to position itself as Nigeria’s leading humanitarian and disaster management intervention organization, is currently recruiting highly professional and mission-focused individuals to fill the key position below in the organization.
Successful candidates will be joining a visionary organization with an extensive network of local branches in every state and over 800,000 volunteers working closely with those in need of humanitarian assistance.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Resource Mobilization and Property Development Department
Job Code: AJ13 - 10
Abuja (National Headquarters), Nigeria
Responsible to: Secretary General
- The Head of Resource Mobilization and Property Development Department, under the direction of the Secretary General, manages the Resource Mobilization and Property Development Department of the National Society and ensures her self-sustenance.
- Design and develop the NS Strategic, and Operational plans of Resource mobilization, Fund raising, Property development and Budgets in line with NS Vision and Mission and the Fundamental Principles
- Develop NS capacity to mobilize and acquire resources in cash and in kind towards the accomplishment of the NS goals
- Develop a strong resource mobilization structure that is accountable and transparent, and that will allow the NS to respond to shifting priorities and needs of the vulnerable people
- Develop new activities for securing additional resources for the National Society property development programme
- Provide leadership to set up efforts to increase coverage of the Nigerian Red Cross Society Appeals and special funding requests for Nigeria through sustained actions leveraging the international status and mandate of the NRCS.
- Work closely with Branches to expand the NS resource base in collaboration with Governments, the private sector as well membership drive in collaboration with relevant Departments.
- Maintain and enhance the confidence of the donors in the NS through an efficient, transparent and accountable management of income streams
- Facilitate partnership agreements and proposal developments with relevant local, regional and inter-governmental organizations in relation to resource mobilization for NS programmes in liaison with other Department
- Gather intelligence and scan new business opportunities in line with the NS mandate and the Fundamental Principles.
- Work closely with the Disaster Management Training and Health Departments to formulate and coordinate effective resource mobilization strategies to ensure that all NS initiated Appeals meet their funding targets
- Develop and strengthen robust/healthy resource mobilization and property development programmes at Headquarters, Zones, Branches and Divisions in collaboration with relevant Department.
- Prepare and develop monthly quarterly, annual key activities reports and share with relevant Partner and stakeholders
- Document lessons learnt and best practices engaged in the disseminate to key stakeholders
- Coordinate monthly Resource Mobilization and Property Development Departmental meeting with programme officers to ensure compliance with approved NRCS policies.
- Ensure that branches meet minimum standard in resource mobilization and property development, reporting and implementation of programme activities
- Undertake regular Assessment of skills of subordinates and develop and train them in order to improve performance.
- Ensure that monthly, quarterly, six-monthly and yearly resource mobilization and property development reports are produced and submitted to the National Board and CCEC.
- Work with subordinates (Property development and resource mobilization) to develop a set of six months performance objectives specific to each of the employee’s job description and whose performance will be evaluated against.
- Perform annual job performance reviews (APER) of staff of the RMPD Department
The duties enunciated above are intended to describe the duties of the appointee expected to undertake the position. It is not a complete and exhaustive list as alterations or deletion of duties may occur from time to time in accordance with the Nigerian Red Cross Society.
- Minimum of a B.sc in Business Administration, Economics or a related field
- Work experience in resource mobilization and business development will be considered
- Resource mobilization skills
- Business development capabilities
- Good ability to develop proposals, EOIs, workplans, etc
- Very good written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to network with management and C Class executives of major institutions
- M and E Skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and multiple offices
Application Closing Date
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in relevant field
23rd November, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a 1-page 4-year Vision Statement for the Nigerian Red Cross Society and CV as attachments to: [email protected]
using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- The CV must include the names and addresses of three (3) referees one of whom must be within the Directorate level.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted