Nutricima Nigeria (PZ Cussons)
, as part of its continuous development programme, PZ Cussons is seeking to recruit for Cost Accountant.
Job Title: Cost Accountant
All Business Units – Lagos
The Role: Cost Accountant
The successful candidate must be one of the top cost accountants in Nigeria, and capable of managing the costing for 400 SKUs across 11 factories located in 3 sites.
A “costing guru” with a proven track record, s/he will be required to:
(a) Act as the “costing expert” and custodian of the costing system within the organization and help Supply Chain and Finance to resolve technically challenging costing issues, and ensure consistent costing principles across the different factories.
(b) Maintain accurate standard costs across all aspects of the production process and ensure that these consistently reflect the true picture. Ensure cost data is allocated correctly and take corrective action to resolve issues.
(c) Ensure that the Bill of Materials reflect correct usage levels and support investigations of any major variances, plus ensure that these get resolved.
(d) Ensure that the material costs give an accurate picture of current costs, taking into account stock levels on hand.
(e) Ensure proper allocation of conversion costs into finished products.
(f) Review and validate WIP levels on a monthly basis.
(g) Prepare relevant and actionable monthly reports which are explained to the stake-holders.
(h) Identify cost reduction opportunities.
(i) Develop and enhance the cost accounting system with our current ERP software, MFG PRO, as a base.
(j) Review current cost accounting processes and controls and continuously seek to enhance the same.
(k) Document cost accounting and inventory processes and procedures.
(l) Coordinate physical inventories and cycle counts and reconcile to general ledger.
(m) Support the overall finance function from his/her area of expertise as required.
The ideal candidate for this position should:
- Have a B.Sc/HND in Accounting or Finance, a professional qualification such as ACA, ACCA, and CIMA would be an added advantage.
- Have 3-5 years relevant work experience in a high volume multiple SKU production environment, with a proven track record of getting results.
- Have advanced computer skills specifically in Microsoft Excel and ERP Systems. MFG PRO knowledge would be a distinct advantage but not a pre-requisite.
- Be self-motivated and self-directed, able and willing to take initiative.
- Have considerable interaction and involvement with all levels in other departments.
- Must have strong analytical skills with particular attention to detail.
- Have an ability to work independently with attention to detail and the ability to work on multiple projects at a time are essential.
- Must be able to respond to flexibly to changing circumstances.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
Application Closing date: 2nd August, 2010
How To Apply
Click here to apply online