- In furtherance of the existing educational collaboration between Ferris State University, Michigan, USA and The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Nigeria on HND - BSc./BA conversion programme, interested applicants are hereby advised to apply for admission into any of the underlisted academic degree programmes of Ferris State University as follows:
HND - BSc Conversion Programme of the Polytechnic, Ibadan
- B. Sc. Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology
- B. Sc. Mechanical Engineering Technology
- B. Sc. Biology
- BA Biochemistry
- B.A Chemistry
- B. Sc. Accounting
- B. Sc. Business Administration
- B. Sc. Finance
- B. Sc. Marketing
- B. Sc. Graphic Design
Applicants who must be HND Graduates of The Polytechnic, Ibadan or other recognized and NBTE (National Board for Technical Education) accredited Polytechnics in Nigeria in the above listed disciplines must possess the following:
- Minimum of CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average) of 3.0 under the 5 points Grading System in his/her HND graduating results. Copied from: hotnigerianjobs.com
- Pass in TOEFL/IELTS Examination with a minimum score of 61 for TOEFL and 5.5 for IELTS.
Every applicant must also take note of the following important information:
The Academic Calendar of Ferris State University runs as follows:
- The Duration of each of the B.SC/BA programmes is a minimum of Three Semesters. Students should consult with Polytechnic Ibadan regarding credit transfer and the number of credits and courses that will be required to complete their Bachelor’s degree at Ferris.
- The financial implication for the programme is about $28,000.00.
- Every applicant is expected to produce evidence of proficiency in English Language in the absence of TOEFL/IELTS Certificate.
- Every applicant is expected to provide a financial guarantor who must be a person of good financial standing and be ready to provide written financial guarantee for the applicant. Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
- Every applicant is expected to apply for Ferris State University admission through the Admissions Officer/Head of International Education Unit of The Polytechnic, Ibadan.
- Admissions into the BSc/BA Programmes of Ferris State University is available all the year round taking into consideration the University’s academic calendar stated in (v) above.
Method of Application
- Fall Semester: August - December
- Spring Semester: January - May
- Summer Semester: May - August
Applications into the BSc/BA programmes of Ferris State University through The Polytechnic, Ibadan are obtainable on-line at http://polyibadandlp.org/Bsc/
through purchase of scratch card of N 25,000.00 from Poly Ibadan Microfinance Bank Ltd.
Other Important Information
Original copies of Academic Transcripts of both ND and HND programmes of every applicant must be received by the Admissions Officer/Head of International Education Unit of The Polytechnic, Ibadan for the smooth processing of the applicant’s admission request.
Availability of Working Permit for Successful Foreign Graduates of Ferris State University
One major benefit derivable by the Applicant is that every successful foreign graduate of Ferns State University will be entitled to at least one year Working Permit upon graduation in any part of USA. Only Graduates of STEM Programs (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) may be considered for up to 27 months working permit. Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
For further enquiries
Please contact the Admissions Officer/Head of International Education Unit of The Polytechnic, Ibadan and/or the CEC Main Office, The Polytechnic, Ibadan.
OR on the following telephone lines: 0805-395-4397,0803-915-0553,0805-526-4840,0705-506-6021, and 0803-838-3250.