- Do you have unique experiences, skills and passions—and we believe you can bring them all to Microsoft for a rich, rewarding career and lifestyle that will surprise you with its breadth and potential. Just imagine the excitement and satisfaction of what you can do, where you can go, and the difference you can make with the resources of Microsoft behind you.
Microsoft Nigeria is recruiting to fill the below position of:
Job Title: Enterprise Architect
Job ID: 816138-97565
Job Category: Services & Consulting
Division: Services & Support
1.) Relationship-driven differentiation
- The Enterprise Architect in Enterprise Services delivers advisory and planning services to Microsoft’s top enterprise customers.
- The role enables Advisory Services customers to achieve their most challenging business and organizational goals while leveraging value from their current and future investment in the Microsoft Platform.
- Through a programmatic approach and objective assessment of the customer’s existing business imperatives and IT investments, the Enterprise Architect systematically plans, orchestrates and contributes to the development and execution of the customer’s strategic technology plan to align with the broader business goals in an innovative fashion.
- They will provide advice on industry best practices and boost the likelihood of successful integration of Microsoft technologies involving interoperability in heterogeneous environments.
- In addition to building their own personal network, they will be provided an extensive network of colleagues with complementary competencies.
- Throughout their customer engagement they will be enabled to draw on these resources’ expertise to enhance the overall service provided by Microsoft to customers. This includes but is not limited to objectives such as:
What this role provides to customers is unique and available only from Microsoft. They advocate on behalf of the customer back into the Microsoft organization and maximize the value delivered from the relationship. Core activities include:
2.) Business-driven portfolio value management
- Arranging Executive Briefing Center visits and bi-directional connection with Microsoft Product Development Groups and many other teams and communities.
- Facilitating the customer’s uptake of Technology Adoption Programs for early advantage from pre-released Microsoft Products.
- Harnessing insights from groups like Microsoft Research, one of the largest sponsored technology research organizations worldwide. The role also has access to the ‘Library’, a catalog of reference architectures, blueprints, industry insights and benchmark data that adds unique value.
- Facilitating customer IT staff development.
The role takes a principled approach first to understand the customer’s needs and then to develop roadmaps of change that realize value from their Microsoft investment across a heterogeneous IT environment. Activities include:
3.) Teaming to accelerate value
- Creating business case development and benefits management programs that define, track and report accrued value through the optimal application of IT to business challenges.
- Orchestrating and/or designing and architecting solutions that leverage both the investment made in the Microsoft Enterprise Agreement and the customer’s current heterogeneous IT environment in the best interests of the customer, driven through a program of orchestrated change and drawing from the collective know-how of Microsoft.
- Providing portfolio governance and oversight to drive lifecycle optimization and alignment across all Microsoft-related strategy and planning initiatives.
When a Microsoft customer invests in an Enterprise Agreement license with Microsoft, the Enterprise Architect accelerates the time-to-value by aligning the technology deployment and business adoption plans with customer organizational objectives. Activities to support this objective include:
3.) Practice development
- Creating architectural and technology roadmaps that result in stronger business/IT alignment and that drive adoption and value from the Enterprise Agreement.
- Orchestrating the use of the Microsoft network of resources formally from within the Advisor’s individual engagement. This can range from formal Solution Architecture through to general technology consulting and beyond. Likewise an Advisor may be called on by colleagues to contribute from their area of specialization in other large engagements or to team with the support team around specific customer initiatives.
This role will contribute to the growth and maturity of the local and international communities, provide mentorship, foster knowledge transfer, and lead by example. In addition, opportunities exist to drive IP development and reuse initiatives and drive best or proven practice in architecture, planning, and customer engagement.
4.) Business development
Application Closing Date
- The Enterprise Architect will be expected to, and have the opportunity to, bring their years of experience and expertise to bear on local business development opportunities and contribute to thought leadership within and across both their local Microsoft business and more broadly across other Microsoft businesses.
- The Enterprise Architect understands interoperability issues and the strengths and weaknesses of platforms and products, and is able to provide a trusted voice at the decision-making table.
- Typically with IT sponsorship, they develop relationships with key line-of-business executives, putting them in position to translate early business needs and insights into actionable IT strategy and assist IT in driving these initiatives to early results and business value.
- This work encompasses a solid understanding of business and IT strategy, a principled approach to broader architectural challenges and opportunities, and a great grasp of technology and solutions.
24th March, 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here To Apply Online