WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients' projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Painting / Blasting Foreman
Job Number: WTSPV11242
Type of Employment: Contract
Purpose/ Main Responsibilities
- Responsible for management of a team of skilled technicians providing support services for planned and unplanned Site blasting/painting activities.
Terms and Conditions
- Responsible for the health, safety and welfare of his team
- Ensures that COMPANY's HSE regulations are respected (especially procedures related to works permits) as well as approved operating procedures and standard industry practice during performance on painting operations placed under his responsibility
- Key interface with Company Supervision to assist with the successful provision of support services to all site operations, monitoring performance compliance and reporting on progress.
- Manages day to day activities within his specific discipline (scheduling, personnel assignment, material management…)
- Responsible for respect of blasting and painting/coating specifications
- Applies and verifies the surface preparation following relevant specifications and best practices
- Provides technical knowledge, expertise and supervision of blasting and painting operations
- Verifies that all procedures, specifications and standards are followed
- Inspects surface preparation before painting operations
- Inspects painting products application in term of QA/QC (in particular verifies type of products applied and relevant thickness- wet & dry)
- Manages interventions using the CMMS and check intervention reports in this CMMS and write the technical reports related to his activity field
- Assists the planning team by giving any technical support for preparation of the jobs in his discipline
- In charge to manage, monitor and maintain the painting products materials stored on site and ensures that all painting products and materials are stored in good conditions and free from defects Replaces the unusable materials
- In charge to update and maintain on site painting products/material register.
- Ensures that the operations planned work scope is managed effectively in accordance with agreed targets to avoid disruption.
- If requested, identify resource requirements and deploy as necessary to safely liquidate specific scopes of work.
- Ensures that day to day requirements are met with regards to Scope, specifications and best practices
- Undertakes any other duties which may be required (within individuals Competency) to ensure in the smooth running of the operation.
- Ensures that all daily, weekly and monthly reports are completed as required.
- Ensures that plant, equipment and materials stocks are monitored, and all required certification is in place.
- Identifies present and potential problems, reports and discuss and proposes solutions/alternatives.
- Ensures that any faulty or damaged equipment is quarantined and details are reported
- Where required, assists with methods support and return information to the relevant representative.
- Ensures awareness with KPI requirements
- Ensure that all members of the team are focused on delivery of HSE and Quality plans.
- Plays a predominant role in the transfer of skills to personnel undergoing training by mentoring on site
- Employment Type: Contract Hire
- Duration: Yearly contract with subject to renewal
- Location: Offshore, Nigeria
- Rotation: 4 weeks on followed by 4 weeks off
- Remuneration: will be paid on a daily rate.
The holder of this position must have the following qualifications:
Application Closing Date
- Diploma and/or Degree holder
- At least 5 to 10 years of experience in blasting/painting activities in industrial context
- NACE 2 certification or equivalent AQCPA - FROSIO
- Experience in oil and gas industry to have knowledge of the specific environment linked to HSE aspects
- Specific professional knowledge: CMMS: SAP/R3
- Ability to work in a large multinational team
- Ability to work independently while maintaining good relations with colleagues and others
- Physical ability to work on offshore installations in the climatic conditions of the site
- Working language: English mandatory, French is an advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online