MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognizable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager Enterprise Risk Management
- To manage the Business Risk Management initiatives and to ensure implementation of risk management best practices by analyzing current and potential risks and reporting on risk exposures and prevention strategies for the business
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing Business Risk Management Processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimization, etc.), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Manage and optimize the budget, ensuring all expenditure is in line with the agreed budgets.
- Monitor costs and determine initiatives to optimize resources as well as provide input into forecasting, planning, and development of the budget for the unit.
- Serve the Division,s internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project. Drive an increase in MTNN's Net Promoter Score.
- Ensure ongoing risk identification, assessment and reporting to the stakeholders; and CURA (the risks management system/ tool) is implemented and fully utilized to automate the risk management process within MTN Nigeria.
- Generate and submit report to Audit and Risk Committee on a quarterly basis ; and ensure preparation of ERM reports to stakeholders when required.
- Liaise constantly with Senior Management and Executives on various risk matters especially tracking ownership and mitigation of risk items identified as well as train relevant stakeholders and staff on risk matters; champions on the use of CURA software, on an on-going basis regarding ERM projects.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external suppliers.
- Coordinate, coach and influence external partners and essential support departments across MTNN's business units to deliver a seamless pre-sales and post-sales service experience.
- Analyze long term implications of actions on the viability of the business from a broad perspective and the impact of solutions on other areas of the business, as well as the inter-dependency of units.
- Drive best practice, continuous improvement and innovation at process and procedure level within Business Risk Management unit as well as utilize appropriate models for analyzing potential risks to the business, taking a 360 degree view of the organizations risk profile.
- Construct, implement and fine-tune methods, processes and systems to enhance effectiveness and meet organizational goals , and ensure implementation and maintenance of BRM policies and procedures.
- Provide input into the development of risk management policies and procedures , in bench-marking local and international risk management best practices and strategies ; and analyse local conditions, as well as competitor activity to create competitive advantage.
- Provide input into the development of plans for the roll-out of Risk Management in conjunction with the Business Units across MTNN, in alignment with the Group Risk Management Framework , and the implementation of improvements to Risk Management capabilities within Business Units in MTNN.
- Align operational targets to business strategy and assist the General Manager, Business Risk Management in establishing and implementing structures to comply with the Group Risk Management Framework in conjunction with the Business Units across MTNN.
- Facilitate on-going enterprise-wide risk assessments and mitigation of risks and ownership in all Business Units across MTNN, in line with the Group ERM framework (including interviews and workshops with Senior Management) and support the ERM environment in aligning to other disciplines within Business Risk Management unit.
- Provide input into the development of procedures and processes for crisis prevention and management.
- Ensure the implementation of defined project risk management framework as well as Insurance risk management in terms of group framework.
- Analyze and advise on costs associated with risk non-compliance maintenance and prevention and carry out in-depth evaluations on key risks within the organization.
- Monitor/report exposures and assess current and potential risks and assist the business in developing prevention strategies and its continuity plans.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
Experience & Training
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Willingness to travel at any time
Application Closing Date
- First Degree in related discipline
- Fluent in English
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (ACCA or ACA) would be an added advantage
- Risk Management qualification would be an added advantage Experience: Minimum 6 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in an area of specialization; with experience in supervising/managing others
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- financial experience in Business Risk or Auditing
- A strong background in managing business risk in a fast moving industries (i.e. Telecommunication) Training:
- Training on controls,
- Assurance and information systems
- Strategic Planning