Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cash Assistant
: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Cash LGA Assistant will be responsible for the management and implementation of the Cash and Voucher funded
- project to Improving Food Access and Nutrition for Vulnerable Displaced and Host Populations Programme in North-
- Eastern Nigeria at the community (LGA) level directly under the supervision of the Cash Officer. The Cash and Voucher
- program will support vulnerable host population with unconditional cash transfers and nutrition behavior change
- communication training in a bid to contribute to the eradication of extreme hunger, malnutrition and poverty in Northern Nigeria.
- Work closely with community structures to follow up on implementation of unconditional cash transfers planned activities with the support from the Cash Officer
- Support in the implementation of capacity building training for the target beneficiaries at the LGA level.
- Directly implement in the field the activities defined in the program in close collaboration with the Cash Officer.
- Implement detailed work plan for FSL team at LGA level activities in collaboration with stakeholders and Cash Officer.
- Support the M&E team in analysis of beneficiary data collection through the various tools that the department uses
- Participate in the registration and distribution of beneficiary ID cards and / vouchers,
- Support the preparation of documentation required for the implementation of field activities
- Mobilization and awareness raising about AAH mission, program objectives and activities to local authorities and the population, and act as a link between the organization and the beneficiaries (at LGA level)
- Facilitate good working relationship between government extension workers and target beneficiaries.
- Support the Cash Officer in ensuring beneficiaries’ access to the provider and guarantee protection and gender sensitivity in the field.
- Diploma in Accounting related field e.g. Accounting, Business management Development Studies etc.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Professional, good organizational capacity, good human relationships, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive.
- 1 year relevant work experience.
- Experience in the Banking, Cash Management and social approach.
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in Hausa and English.
- Commitment to ACF mission, values and policy.
- Good team spirit,
Preferred Skills and Experience:
Application Closing Date
- Previous experience with FSL, Cash programming.
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy.
- Previous experience with ACF.
- Previous humanitarian programming experience.
18th May, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application by email to: [email protected]
- To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title and location in the email subject line, or on the application envelope. For example, "Cash Assistant".
- Also note that applications will be processed on First Come First Served basis and any application received without these specifications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted. Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply.