Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Assistant
Maiduguri, Borno and Damaturu, Yobe State
- Directly implement the activities defined in the program in close collaboration with the Nutrition officer.
- Work closely within community structures to follow up on implementation of CMAM activities with support from the Nutrition officer.
- Create awareness and sensitize the community on CMAM practices, malnutrition, causes of malnutrition and treatment of malnutrition.
- Participate in screening of children less than five years, referral and follow up of malnourished beneficiaries at community level.
- Implement sensitization activities for targeted communities about CMAM with support from MOH, community leaders and other key stakeholders at LGA level.
- Coordinate all activities very closely and in collaboration with MOH and other key stakeholders.
- Ensure timely submission of weekly reports, monthly reports and MUAC screening data & reports to nutrition officers for compilation.
- In collaboration with the nutrition officer and DPM develop success stories, lessons learnt and case studies.
- Diploma in a Nutrition or Community based programming or related field.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Professional, good organizational capacity, good human relationships, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive.
- 1 year relevant work experience.
- Experience in the Nutrition and social approach - IYCF a plus.
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri and English.
- Commitment to ACF mission, values and policy.
- Good team spirit.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
Application Closing Date
- Previous experience with nutrition and health programming.
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy.
- Previous experience with ACF.
- Previous humanitarian programming experience.
- Ability to Speak Hausa, Kanuri.
18th May, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application by email to: [email protected]
- To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title and location in the email subject line, or on the application envelope.
- For example, "Nutrition Assistant -Yobe, Borno". Also note that applications will be processed on First Come First Served basis and any application received without these specifications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted. Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply