Oando Gas and Power Limited is developer of Nigeria's foremost natural gas distribution network and captive power solutions. We pioneered the private sector piping and distribution of natural gas to industrial and commercial consumers, successfully reviving private sector participation in the gas distribution business in Nigeria. With 120km of pipeline already laid in Lagos State and another 5 km in River States, we are taking bold steps towards building sub-Saharan Africa’s largest gas pipeline network.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Analyst
Any City, Nigeria
Scope of Responsibility & Accountability
- The Business Development Analyst position in Oando Gas & Power provides analytical and administrative support to the Business Development Unit.
- He/she is responsible for performing analytical tasks to support project initiation, engineering and construction services management efforts related to the business development efforts in the gas and power sectors.
- The Business Development Analyst performs technical and analytical research/studies of energy usage trends in the Nigerian market and other relevant economies, as well as natural gas and electricity demand, power cost, rates, potential revenues, margins and profits and the overall viability of individual transactions and projects.
- Develops a good understanding of the fundamental drivers of business value creation within the gas and power industry/business, and within the context of the Oando Group of Companies.
- Conducts technical and analytical research/studies of energy usage trends in the Nigerian market and other relevant economies; also prepares company, industry, competitor and economic outlook analytical reports and briefing notes.
- Makes summaries of research conducted to aid decision making efforts.
- Uses relevant data on gas and electricity demand, power cost, rates etc. to develop basic/fundamental assumptions for financial models.
- Develop/build financial models for determining/capturing the required capital structures for potential transactions based on underlying business assumptions identified.
- Maintains/documents revisions to financial models and other business documents.
- Analyses data gathered on potential revenues, margins, profits etc., and draws useful insights into current and potential business issues as opportunities are identified; makes appropriate recommendations for business structure, contracts and various deals/business transactions.
- Develops marketing pitches, new business proposals and other forms of communications to external parties.
Application Closing Date
- Minimum second class upper Degree in Engineering, Economics, Finance or other commercial disciplines.
- Additional qualifications such as ACA, CFA and Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- 3-5 years’ work experience in relevant functional areas such as Operations, Marketing & Business Development, preferably in an International Energy Company
- Understanding of basic corporate finance principles; demonstrated technical skills in financial analysis and modelling is critical.
- Not more than 27 years of age.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online