Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Base and Facilities Officer
Contract: Initial 6 - 12 months contract, renewable
- Carrying out or supervising all maintenance logistics activities in the base (vehicles, fuel consumption, and local infrastructure) according to MSF standards and protocols in order to have the material, infrastructure and vehicles in optimal running conditions
- Planning vehicles movements, tracking individual trips, and ensuring implementation of security measures
- Tracking consumption of supplies, fuel, lubricants, used in different facilities (office, house, store, etc.).
- Checking the maintenance of the various open spaces (gardens, courtyards…) and ensuring that domestic waste is correctly discarded
- Checking and ensuring the maintenance of MSF premises and facilities, as well as the general water supply, electrical, walls, ceilings ect. and security conditions. In this sense, making inspection visits to assess the rehabilitation needs of facilities.
- Performing maintenance of logistics equipment for cold chain, energy, IT and radio communications, in particular:
- Inventories and the reallocation of equipment.
- Renewing the authorization to use radio material with local authorities.
- Checking the quality of the work carried out on generators and electrical installations.
- Preparing orders for his sector activity, do the follow-up, and checking their proper reception and state.
- Carrying out local purchases and ensuring that the line manager is aware of any problems linked to the quality or availability of the items to be purchased.
- Participating in trainings at the request of the line manager
- Education Technical Diploma or Degree required.
- Experience Experience with MSF or similar position out of MSF.
- Languages English is mandatory, local language desirable.
- Knowledge Essential computer literacy (word, excel) and radio equipment user-knowledge.
- Stress Management.
Monthly Gross salary of N 189,000. (One hundred and eighty nine thousand naira only).
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their copies of qualifications and a cover letter with contact details to the MSF Admin’ Office in Abuja CV's to: [email protected]
with Ref. Base and Facilities Officer (“Application Box” at the Watchmen Desk)
No 26 Olu Agabi Close,
- Please make sure to submit your application on or before this date.
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefited from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.