Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on vulnerable children, agriculture, health and HIV, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Assistant (3 Months Maternity Cover)
Advert Code: PA27617
Position Band: B-2
Reports to: Senior Procurement Officer
- Under the direct supervision of Senior Procurement Officer, the Procurement Assistant is responsible for the effective delivery of procurement services to CRS.
- The Procurement Assistant promotes a collaboration,client focused, quality and result orientated approach in the procurement unit.
Specific responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to;
Qualifications and Skills
- Assistance with the preparation of request for quotation, initiations to Bid, Requests for proposal and co-ordination of their timely dispatch by fax and messenger,
- Assist the procurement Officer in maintaining current up to date procurement documents / manuals.
- Routing copying and circulation of quotes, bids and proposal for evaluation.
- Researching pricing obtaining quotes, locally on low value items.
- Assistance at meeting between the Procurement Officer and vendors.
- Assist with the coordination with the selected bidder to ensure completion of administrative processes including Bid, contract award notice and that contract documents are distributed accordingly.
- Assist with managing the administrative process throughout the duration of the preparation of all documentation until the award of the contract.
- Preparation of Procurement tracker
- Coordinate with requestors and make sure the right materials needed, find out the sample of material to be purchased if necessary.
- Provide purchased materials to the responsible receiving office and do all actions for completing the process.
- Maintain appropriate records to ensure that procurement process, decision and contractual agreement are accurately documented for accountability and audit purpose.
- Perform other duties assigned
Application Closing Date
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or any relevant course
- Minimum of two years professional experience in an administrative or procurement capacity
- Excellent English language skills written and spoken.
- Excellent interpersonal skills must be able to interact in a mature, professional and friendly manner with local and international colleagues of differing religious and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently and under pressure.
- Excellent knowledge of computer software - MS Office and Excel especially;
- Must be flexible and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to uphold / respect procurement ethnics and conduct activities with integrity.
- A team player who demonstrate patience, flexibility and honestly.
- Be willing and able to meet tight deadlines and work long hours when required.
- Able to work in a multicultural environment.
20th June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "Application Form Below" and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: [email protected]
Stating the position and advert code as the subject of the email e.g. Procurement Assistant (3months Maternity Cover) - PA27617
Click here to download Application Form (MS Word)
- Applications must reach us on or before the closing date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- CRS is an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc.