IITA is one of the worlds leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s headquarters in Ibadan.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Work with program/project teams to develop M&E frameworks (data matrices, data collection tools and M&E plans for reviews)
- Review key program/project information such as sources of data, collection methods, responsible persons, frequency, and cost of data collection.
- Work with program/project teams to gather data from primary sources as stipulated in M&E plans, store and ensure entry of quality data
- Submit to the M&E Manager initial statistical analysis of data and reports.
- Support the review of the institutional M&E plan including indicators, sources of data, collection methods, roles and responsibilities;
- Provide inputs into the development of alternative strategies for implementation of M&E activities when needed
- Provide capacity building support to IITA staff and partners by explaining the approach, methodology, and tools for data collection; describe the roles and responsibilities of partners involved; and outline the supporting procedures for data collection, quality control, analysis and reporting;
- Conduct regular assessment of IITA staff and partners’ capacity to implement Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning activities as basis for designing, organizing and undertaking appropriate capacity building activities on ME&L;
- Conduct baseline, mid -term and end of project evaluation;
- Provide inputs into consolidated progress reports for project management, in accordance with approved reporting formats and timing;
- Support staff and implementing partners in preparing progress reports, assess and provide feedback on reports in terms of data gaps, challenges, and actions needed;
- M.Sc or equivalent in Agricultural Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Development Studies with Four (4) year’s work experience preferably with an international organization.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Excellent monitoring and evaluation skills in designing and conducting survey exercises, data collection (key stakeholder interviews, focus groups, surveys, and secondary data analysis) and data management.
- Experience in the use of electronic data collection systems such as ODK.
- Experience in performing basic statistical analysis and interpreting results correctly.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English,
- Good personal organization, and interpersonal skills.
Application Closing Date
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
25th June, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, the application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)