Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we collaborate to put bold solutions into action - helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within, now and for the future. In Nigeria, Mercy Corps operates in over 13 states focusing on key thematic areas of humanitarian response, conflict mitigation and adolescent girls’ empowerment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Program / Department Summary
General Position Summary
- Mercy Corps is an international relief and development organization working in over 40 countries worldwide helping people build secure, productive and just communities.
- Mercy Corps Nigeria (MCN) implements a variety of programs with the ultimate goal of building productive, secure and just communities.
- The organization’s programs are implemented in twelve states, mainly in north and north east parts of Nigeria and Lagos.
- Our work covers the following sectors: economic development, livelihoods/food security, adolescent girls & boys empowerment, financial resilience, conflict mitigation and humanitarian response.
- Common themes include community engagement, inclusive development, gender, and working in partnership with local government, the private sector and civil society actors.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- The Logistics Officer will ensure the proper management of Mercy Corps Fleets, recording and tracking of Assets, plan movement and transportation of staffs and also ware house management of all Mercy Corps in Abuja in accordance with Mercy Corps/donor fleet management policy, Asset management and ware house management policy.
- Reads and has a clear understanding of the Mercy Corps Asset Management Manual, Fleet and Warehouse management policies.
- Review vehicle log sheets every month and submit to finance.
- Prepares monthly vehicle consumable reports.
- Review hard copied of vehicle on board files.
- Responsible for vehicle rentals.
- Review and update vehicle insurance.
- Has a full understanding of MC warehouse policies and formats. Assists, as needed in training staff on these policies and forms.
- Receive goods and cross check the quantity with the good receive note.
- Maintain and ensure the stock cards are updated on daily basis.
- Maintain and update stock release on daily basis.
- Dispatch goods from the warehouse using appropriate MC procedures, Store Release forms, Waybills.
- Do proper stacking of items in the warehouse to ease the physical counting.
- Conduct monthly physical counts of the items in the warehouse.
- Ensure the warehouse is clean and free from any infestation.
- Read and has a clear understanding of the Mercy Corps Asset Management Manual and all procedures
- Responsible for logging all new Mercy Corps assets in Abuja and other field offices in the asset register and ensuring the appropriate coding and tags are placed on each item. Regularly updates asset register with changes and new acquisitions
- Responsible for coordinating with the procurement and finance office in identifying all details of assets such as buying price, ledger reference, PR, PO and GRN number etc. The asset register should be accurate and complete;
- Responsible to maintain the stock of Mercy Corps assets that are not checked out and in use;
- Responsible for checking in/out Mercy Corps owned equipment to authorized staff using the standard Mercy Corps procedures and forms outlined in the Asset Management Manual;
- Responsible for the timely preparation of documentation of any movement of assets in Mercy Corps formats;
- Schedules and conducts physical count of assets on different locations, projects and sites;
- Provides a monthly physical count/check where all assets are located and their status confirmed; coordinate with the responsible logistics officer for tracking assets in other offices to ensure the locations and status of assets that have moved between offices;
- Update the electronic database monthly and provide an electronic copy to supervisor and Operations Manager; A hard copy is printed, signed and filed in the assets folder;
- Advise colleagues on guidelines of Mercy Corps asset and equipment use guidelines.
- Ensure all lost, damage, sold, stolen (or other) items are properly recorded in with an approved Disposal of Assets form. Ensure any necessary, supplement documentation is completed;
- Advise supervisor on any broken, damaged or destroyed equipment;
- Ensures that all movement of items should go through the Asset Controller, on “GRNs or an Asset Movement Form”.
- Assist the Logistics officer, Operations Manager and Operations Director on updating the master asset inventory, as requested
- Updates inventory records on all the receipts / issues of inventory items from MC warehouse.
- Assists and coordinate project staff on inventory issues. Assist in providing end of project reports on inventory and equipment lists, locations and status;
- Maintain inventories of all Mercy Corps premises (non-expendable properties) conduct regular checks (quarterly).
- Review asset movement form.
- Review asset register book.
- Conduct quarterly surprise asset check in all field offices
- Conduct quarterly Physical asset reconciliation with Finance.
Knowledge and Experience
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in Nigeria.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in a relevant Business field is desired.
- 2-3 years of experience in Inventory Management, large scale Logistics operations, or office administration;
- Strong organizational skills; ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel.
- Excellent oral and written English skills. Strong computer skills on MS Excel, MS Access and MS Word programs.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not delay program activities.
- A clear understanding of procurement ethics and donor compliance is essential.
- Previous experience in fleet management.
- A willingness to travel throughout the project areas in the assigned Area of Responsibility
Application Closing Date
- Conscientious with as excellent sense of judgment
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks.
- Willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel.
- Good spoken and written English
- Computer literate and strong organizational skills.
28th June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their CV's and Cover Letters in one document, addressing the position requirements to: [email protected]
All applications must include the position title in the subject line, be not more than four pages.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and we are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.