The Federal Government of Nigeria has designed the N-Power Programme to drastically reduce youth unemployment. N-Power is also linked to the Federal Government’s policies in the economic, employment and social development arenas. The modular programmes under N-Power will ensure that each participant will learn and practice most of what is necessary to find or create work. Some of these graduates will also help in actualising Nigeria’s economic and strategic aspirations of achieving food security and self-sufficiency.
N-Power will also be a platform for diversifying the economy. N-Power is preparing young Nigerians for a knowledge economy where, equipped with world-class skills and certification, they become innovators and movers in the domestic and global markets.
Applications are hereby invited for the program below:
Job Title: N-Power Teach
- N-Power Teach Volunteers will help improve basic education delivery in Nigeria. N-Power Teach Volunteers will be deployed as teacher assistants in primary schools around Nigeria.
- They will not replace the current teachers, but will work as support teachers across Nigeria, assisting with teaching, school management and other functions within the schools. Where possible, they will also assist in taking basic education to children in marginalised communities.
- Do you have any skills related to computer programming, computer graphics design, computer generated images, animation, server administration, database management, networking, etc? Then, N-Power needs you.
- 2 Years
- Participants will undergo an initial induction training prior to deployment
Ultimately, N-Power Teach volunteers can aspire to a life-long career in teaching or allied fields. Possible destinations include:
- Professional Teaching
- Researcher, Research Associate, Senior Research Analyst
- Education Consultant, Associate,
- Strategy Consultant
- Education Services Manager
- Project Manager
- Project Supervisor
- Social services analyst
- Applicants must be between 18 - 35 years of age during registration and must have a valid proof of age (e.g. Birth Certificate, affidavit of age declaration, valid photo ID, etc.)
- Applicants must be resident in Nigeria and must have a good knowledge of their location in Nigeria.
- Applicants must posses at either a Bachelor’s degree, OND, HND or NCE certificate with a statement of result or transcript.
Application Closing Date
- Applicants must have completed their service year if applicable.
31st August, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
The current June - July 2017 Application process only applies to the Graduate Category (N-Power Volunteer Corps). The selection process for 2016 applicants in all Non - Graduate Categories (N-Power Knowledge and N-Power Build) is underway and the training and engagement of successful applicants will be done in batches. At this time the ongoing application is not open to the Non - Graduate categories.