Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Under the direct supervision of: Deputy Logistics Coordinator
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Logistics Assistant will provide logistical support to all levels of their organization. Responsibilities may include logistical tasks, reception duties, and maintaining the general needs of the office.
- He/she will be responsible for the smooth running and prevention of the break down/deterioration of PUI equipment /installations/facilities, under the supervision of the Deputy Logistics Coordinator.
- He/she will be responsible for collecting, recording and archiving all related documents concerning procurement.
- Regularly inspect PUI’s premises to assess what work is necessary
- Inform his/her direct supervisor of any problems or breakdowns noticed in PUI’s premises
- Carry out maintenance and small repairs on PUI’s premises and infrastructures (office, stock, guesthouse, etc.)
- Monitor and facilitate repair orders
- Inform his/her direct supervisor in the event of an incapacity to carry out the work requested which requires the intervention of a worker or specialised technician
- Assist workers or specialised technicians if needed
- Codify all PUI equipment according to PUI procedures
- Locate every equipment and check the availability of the equipment on a regular basis
- Assist the Deputy Logistics Coordinator in recording all equipment in the Equipment follow-up sheet
- On a regular basis check that all equipment are working properly (water dispenser, gas cooker, printer, scanner…)
- Inform line manager in case of equipment dysfunction
- Ensure that all the machine’s paper (printer, scanner) and water dispenser is full
- Assists the Deputy Logistics Coordinator in the equipment dispatch
- Assist the loading and unloading of goods/materials
- Control the generators’ fluids and inform his/her line manager in case of any problem
- Ensure the fueling of all generators or assist the guards
- Assist with monthly rolling stock takes and the annual stock take, reconciling inventory records with physical counts
- Assist the Deputy Coordinator in stock management
- Ensure proper documentation of asset issues to arriving staff and leaving staff.
- Raise Purchase Requests for ABJ items
- Collect purchased items from the suppliers stores and dispatch to the relevant requesters
- Collect necessary documents from other departments regarding procurement process
- Update on a monthly basis the prices lists , administrative information from the suppliers.
- Assist the Deputy Log Co to update the procurement plan (ABJ) regularly
- Receive staff movement request from Log Co
- Update the movement board daily
- Ensure proper management and planning of vehicle movement.
- Ensure guest house supplies are replenished on time.
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project needs. The employee could be requested to perform other tasks as his/her Line Manager in line with his duties.
- Diploma or Graduate in any Business course.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience in logistics field
- Experience in Inventory and Asset Management
- Experience in INGO is an asset
- Experience with computers-Microsoft Word and Excel plus Email
- Experience in procurement is an asset
- Good knowledge of the English Language
Other Required Skills;
Application Closing Date
- Commitment to the NGO values and principles
- Initiatives taker
- Independent worker
- Good physical condition
27th June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications with the following Documents
below to: [email protected]
Applications should include the following documents:
- Updated CV,
- Letter of motivation,
- Copy of work certificates,
- Copy of relevant certificate
- Reference contacts.
- The position must be clearly indicated on the e-mail subject.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted.
- This position is open to Nigerian nationals only.