Medecins Du Monde or Doctors of the World, is an international humanitarian non-profit organization that provides emergency and long-term medical care to vulnerable populations while advocating for equal access to Healthcare worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Officer
: Damboa, Borno
Supervisor: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Starting date: 25th June, 2017.
Under the supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, the Database Officer will be responsible for the following main activities in accordance to national and MdM procedures:
- Data Management
- Data Report Design
- Other Tasks
- Data management on the corresponding forms and tools
- Receiving the data from the project team or if not, collect it
- Enter medical data in the mission database appropriately and on a regular basis (from mobile teams and supported health facilities)
- Update and maintenance of database (formulas, graphs…)
- Report and alert to the line manager any problem arising with data provided or database.
Data Report Design:
- Update the standard monitoring tool designed on Excel
- Create and generate relevant graphs to show the data developments/movements
- Finalising development of database in collaboration with coordination team if needed
- Contributing to design various studies (surveys, new forms…)
Academic Background / Requirements
- Supportive supervisions of mobile clinics team to support and improve field data collection
- Instruct colleagues on various tools to be used
- On request, will have to read documents, reports etc to look for data.
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem
- Perform other additional duties on request of the Medical Supervisor/Health Program Coordinator
- BA/S or equivalent in Statistics, Mathematics, Social Sciences, International Development or other relevant field.
Professional experience and skills:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working in the non-profit sector in information and data management, ideally in health programming or protection.
- Excellent Excel Skills
- Ability to think independently and identify data discrepancies
- Experience designing and implementing electronic data collection methods
- Understanding of confidentiality requirements for medical data is a plus
- Experience working in a multi-organizational team (international and national partners) is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English required, including report development, writing and editing.
- Excellent skills in excel and data analysis are required for this position, and will be tested at interview
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members
- Fluent English and Hausa required
Application Closing Date
- Rigor and organization skills
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Because of the emergency relief nature of MDM’s work, working hours may be irregular and employees are expected to be flexible in their approach to working hours under emergency conditions.
20th June, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and cover letter to: [email protected]
Ensure to place the “Job Title” in the subject line of the mail.
- Our process of selection include some written tests and oral interviews. Interviews can be in Maiduguri or Damboa
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted