Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on vulnerable children, agriculture, health and HIV, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountability Officer
Reference Number: ACOFF2017
- The Accountability Officer will implement newly developed Beneficiary Feedback and Response Mechanism (BFRM) in Northeast (NE) Nigeria but not limited to MEAL activities, as described in the job responsibilities.
- S/he will ensure that NE BFRM is aligned with Country Level Accountability Framework.
- S/he will be based in Damaturu with frequent visits in the project area.
- S/he will report to the MEAL Coordinator but work closely with Program Managers and MEAL Officers in NE.
- Provide technical assistance to ensure that accountability framework is integrated throughout the project cycle (design, implementation, and M&E) across NE.
- Provide training and guidance for project staff on relevant BFRM.
- Review accountability framework periodically and update any changes if deemed necessary in consultation with NE MEAL Coordinator.
- Build staff capacity to mainstream and develop accountability practices and mechanisms into programming.
- Maintain and update the BFRM database; and provide timely update to program staff based on the nature of feedback.
- Lead and support the development of communication materials for beneficiaries on BFRM.
- Design and provide feedback to the proposal development process on strengthening accountability measures.
- Liaise with Country Program (CP) MEAL Team on strengthening accountability measures and CP framework.
- Act as content expert on donor accountability requirements.
- Incorporate, where necessary, cross cutting themes such as protection, gender and disability in designing, implementing and reporting accountability.
- Develop standard talking point and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) align to nature of feedback in collaboration with MEAL Coordinator and Program Managers.
- Support and mentor/coach Accountability Assistance and Hotline Assistance in BFRM and database management/reporting.
- Ensure that feedback is routinely recorded, reviewed and responded timely align with feedback mechanism guidelines.
- Generate periodic reports and share with programs and MEAL department.
- Participate in internal and external meetings related to humanitarian accountability.
- Conduct periodic field visit to ensure that the accountability system is in place and necessary supports are provided as needed.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (20%):
Qualifications and Skills
- Conduct regular on-site and post-activity monitoring to measure the project progress.
- Conduct Market Price Monitoring in collaboration with the Programs.
- Provide timely analyzed data and report on the monitoring activities and feedback to the programs; and write reports.
- Identify, document, store and share lessons learned (this includes success story too) that have implications for refinement of best programmatic practice.
- Conduct and document end of project learning reviews and share learning with partners/stakeholders.
- Ensure ethical and safe collection and storage of data.
Application Closing Date
- University Degree, preferably in Statistics, Information Management, Management, Social Sciences or related fields.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working with NGOs or government agencies in planning and implementation of accountability programming in humanitarian or development programs.
- Strong knowledge and proven experience on project monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to train partners and staff on developing and maintaining the Accountability Feedback and Response Mechanism.
- Knowledge of English, Hausa and Kanuri mandatory. Shuwa and Fulani would be an advantage.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a diverse team and manage complex and sensitive organizational relationships.
- Demonstrable understanding of and commitment to promoting gender equity and the interests of vulnerable people.
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to CRS’s values and guiding principles.
- Ability to manage complex workloads and deliver work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to travel frequently and stay in difficult environments
28th June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "Application Form Below" and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: [email protected]
The position title and location must be expressly stated as the subject of the email quoting reference number: ACOFF2017
Click here to download Application Form (MS Word)
- Applications must reach us on or before the closing date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- This position is contingent upon funding.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- CRS is an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”.