United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), helps developing countries attract and use aid effectively. In all our activities, we encourage the protection of human rights, capacity development and the empowerment of women.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: ERT Radio Operator
Job ID: 10487
Maiduguri (with a possibility of building a roster for multiple locations)
- This job is found in Country Offices (COs), Area (AOs) and Field (FOs) Offices. Job holders are based in Radio Rooms and typically report to an Information Technology Officer, Security Officer, or the designate.
- At this level, job holders work in a team under minimal supervision and are expected to produce organised and accurate reports and technical work.
- This jobs may require to work different shifts and report for duty on short notice
Key Responsibilities (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive)
- To support telecommunications services in order to facilitate efficient implementation of security processes and procedures.
Required Skills and Experience
- Coordinate with UNDSS Security staff to facilitate accurate and efficient security-related information flow following established standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring and channeling all radio communications including tracking of humanitarian vehicle and staff movement, to ensure efficient 24-hour coverage of telecommunications services.
- Produce regular and ad hoc reports including daily radio checks, and assist in preparation and dispatch of the summary of security incidents and other information to staff, to facilitate accurate, efficient and concise communication and information flow.
- Provide efficient support and training to users on telecommunications equipment and procedures including Country Minimum Operating Security Standards (CMOSS) requirements, to ensure effective use of telecommunications equipment.
- Maintain inventory and provide recommendations for potential improvements, to support efficient planning and keep telecommunications equipment operational.
- Create and maintain databases (e.g. lists of call signs, addresses, telephone numbers, wardens, etc.), to ensure accurate information is available at all times.
- Follow established emergency response processes and procedures, to ensure prompt assistance in case of emergencies.
- Completion of Secondary School education.
- Technical training in communication equipment or other work related areas.
- Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in telecommunications/radio operations, information technology, or other relevant field of work.
Knowledge & Skills:
Application Closing Date
- Good knowledge in the telecommunication operations and procedures and high standard
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to operate and maintain telecommunications equipment including installation works.
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to provide short briefings and communications clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task, and respond simultaneously and in a timely fashion to demanding job requirements.
- Ability to prioritize a heavy workload, demonstrate judgement, initiative, alertness and
26th June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online