Deloitte Nigeria - Our client is a development finance institution positioned to empower more micro, small and medium enterprises across Nigeria. The institution is set up as a private sector driven wholesale financial institution aimed at increasing access to finance for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) through eligible financial intermediaries. In view of the foregoing, the client seeks to attract, motivate and retain qualified staff.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Head, Internal Audit
Reference No.: DFI008
Any City, Nigeria
Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform and control the internal audit function, ensuring that all financial standards, regulations, and statutory provisions are complied with and that the appropriate financial controls are in place to ensure the efficient, effective and proper use of resources.
- To report periodically to the Board of Directors through Chief Executive Officer and External Audit Committee stating the result of its audit and related recommendations.
- Prepare relevant periodic reports related to the department functions
- Ensures the proper planning for regular audits and compliance testing
- Ensures adequate monitoring of the institution's annual audit plan development and implementation
- Ensures that the appropriate information and assistance to management and staff are provided
- Identifies areas requiring attention and ensures implementation of any actions agreed to by the Board
- Evaluates the internal control systems established to ensure compliance with policies, plans, procedures, laws, regulations, contracts, and ethical business conduct.
- Conducts ad-hoc audit reviews to investigate any areas identified by management.
- Reports periodically to the Board of Directors through Chief Executive Officer and External Audit Committee stating the result of its audit and related recommendations, as specified in the internal audit charter and yearly audit plan
- Coordinates documentation of audit findings and drafting of audit reports as well as ensures audit issues are communicated and resolved promptly
- Ensures adequate definition of fraud prevention strategies
- Ensures provision of support all functions and business lines
- Ensures fraud control policies and procedures development
- Provides accountability and ownership for fraud policy and operational risk management.
- Conducts follow-up on investigations related to any possible breach of the Code of Conduct
- Ensures the alignment of fraud investigation activity to fraud prevention strategies.
- A Bachelor's Degree or HND in any Accounting or Social Sciences related discipline
- A Master’s Degree in business related field or management is an added advantage
- Membership of ICAN, ACCA, ANAN, CIMA, IIA, CISA or a recognized professional accounting / auditing association is required
- Minimum of 15 years working experience in an accounting/auditing role is required of which at least 8 should be at managerial level
Skills and Experience:
Application Closing Date
- Understanding of audit policies and procedures, investigation principles and practice
- Understanding of local and international accounting standards
- Knowledge of banking practice and related policy issues, their implications and applications
- Understanding of financial and accounts statement
- Demonstrates expertise in internal auditing procedures, international accounting standards, reports writing, time and performance management
- Demonstrates expertise in risk analysis and control assessment techniques
- Demonstrates expertise in the collation, analysis and summary of financial operations data
14th July, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online