he International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the worlds leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize.
We seek suitable Nigerian for the positions below at the Institute’s station in Onne, Rivers State:
Job Title: Tractor Operator
Onne, Rivers State
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Operate tractor with full range of implement;
- Drive trucks and maintain farm site and prepare field for trials;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Ideal Candidate must:
- Should possess SSCE in with at least Three (3) years relevant experience
- Have good sight
- Be able to work under pressure and ready to work longer hours and on weekend when necessary.
Application Closing Date
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
26th July, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, the application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant's current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcome applications from female candidates.