University of Ibadan, invites Applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into Postgraduate Programmes for the 2017/2018 academic session:
- The Centre for Petroleum, Energy Economics and Law is a John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation funded regional Centre of Excellence with the main goal of training highly skilled personnel and conducting research in energy.
- The Centre is multidisciplinary in concept and practice and it brings together economists, engineers, lawyers, finance experts, scientists and other relevant professionals in order to address energy issues in a holistic manner.
- The Centre is uniquely positioned, with research and teaching collaborations with globally acclaimed institutions in the United Kingdom, United States of America and Ghana. The Centre also emphasizes strong linkage with the energy industry and policy world.
- The Centre’s core objective is to meet the energy personnel requirements of Nigeria and the sub-Saharan Africa. Graduates of the Centre would gain the sound training necessary to bridge the knowledge and skills gap in the sector.
- Admissions to the higher degree programmes of as well as other higher degree programmes of the University of Ibadan are administered online by the Postgraduate school. Detail information can as well be obtain from the PG School at www.pgschool.ui.edu.ng
Entry into the graduate programme shall be on a competitive basis. The criteria for admitting students to the Programme include the following:
- An applicant must have a good first degree in Economics, Engineering, Law, or a related field.
- The degree must be from a recognized academic institution of higher learning
- For a PhD, the applicant must also have a good Master’s degree in Economics, Petroleum Engineering, Law, Mathematics, etc from a recognized institution.
The applicant must attach the following documents to his/her application:
- Certified copies of academic transcripts for his/her bachelors and masters degrees
- A detailed curriculum vitae
The following Degree Programmes are available:
M.Sc & PhD (Energy Studies) with specialization in:
LL.M & Ph.D (Energy Law)
- Energy and Environment
- Energy Economics
- Energy Finance
- Energy Policy
- Oil and Gas Economics
- Economics of the Power Industry
- Renewable Energy
Programme Duration & Admission Requirements:
Application Closing Date
- The duration for the M.Sc Energy Studies programme is a minimum of 3 Semesters of full time studies. Applicants are required to have a minimum of Second Class Lower Division in the Social Sciences, Science, Engineering or Agriculture and Forestry. They should also possess 5 Credits at one or 6 Credits at two sittings including English Language and Mathematics.
- The duration for the Ph.D. Energy Studies is a minimum of 6 Semesters of full time studies. Candidates with relevant and applicable M.Sc degrees can proceed to M.Phil, M.Phil/Ph.D or Ph.D. Only applicants with a minimum average of 60% in any of the relevant and applicable Master’s programme, including M.Sc. (Energy Studies) from the University of Ibadan can apply directly for Ph.D.
- The duration for the LLM Energy Law programme is a minimum of 3 Semesters of full time studies. Applicants are required to have a minimum of Second Class Lower Division in Law. They should also possess 5 Credits at one or 6 Credits at two sittings including English Language, and Literature in English.
- The duration for the Ph.D. Energy Law is a minimum of 6 Semesters of full time studies. Candidates with relevant and applicable LL.M degree can proceed to M.Phil, M.Phil/Ph.D or Ph.D. Only applicants with a minimum average of 60% in any of the relevant and applicable Master’s programme, including LL.M (Energy Law) from the University of Ibadan can apply directly for Ph.D.
28th July, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are hereby advised to visit the University of Ibadan, Postgraduate School website: http://www.cpeel.ui.edu.ng/admission
Foreigners within and outside Nigeria
Domiciliary Account Customers
- Non-Nigerian applicants within and outside Nigeria should obtain an invoice from the Postgraduate School Website and pay into the bank using bank draft/bank cheque of the value generated on the invoice, payable to the Postgraduate School, University of Ibadan, For the purpose of this transfer you may use any of the account details below:
Dollars (USD) Transactions:
- Correspondent Bank Name: Standard Chartered Bank, New York
- Swift Code: SCBLUS33
- Aba No: , 026002561
- Beneficiary Institution: FBN Bank (UK) Limited
- Account 3582-059969-001
- Further Credit to: First Bank of Nigeria Plc, Lagos Som Non-Export I USD
- Account No. 100396-USD-CLBank-02
For further details, contact:
- Customer Name: UI. Postgraduate School USD Account
- (Field 59) Bank: First Bank of Nigeria Plc
- Branch Sortcode: University of Ibadan/ 011191238
- Account No: 2022039037
- Swift Code: FBNINGLA