Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on vulnerable children, agriculture, health and HIV, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Job Ref Code: MEOK071817
Project: HSS / Investing for Impact Against HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis
Position Band: C-1
Reports to: State Team Lead
- CRS is a Sub-Recipient to Family Health International (FHI 360) on the Global Fund New Funding Model HIV Program in Nigeria.
- The Program seeks to scale up gender sensitive HIV prevention services among children and adults in Nigeria.
- Provide all CRS partner sites at assigned state with necessary tools to ensure data is collected in an organized and verifiable manner.
- Ensure that all relevant staff at both PHCs and SHC levels in assigned state are mentored and trained in data collection, documentation and validation.
- Use appropriate tool to document support given during mentoring visits, and ensure that facilities have copies of these.
- Review and centrally collate all M & E data for the project in assigned state and submit data monthly, quarterly or as required.
- Give data-based evidence to the Program Manager and Technical Officer to guide programming in the state.
- Carry out data verification exercises at the various collection points in the SHCs.
- Work regularly with the State and LGA M & E officers to ensure that optimum data quality is recorded at the facilities and LGA level.
- Liaise / support community groups to carryout community mobilization activities to facilitate demand creation for the assigned SHCs and partner CBOs.
- Ensure accurate reporting of community outreach activities at SHCs and CBOs through provision of standardized reporting tools.
- Liaise with the supply chain and laboratory officer to ensure drug and commodity consumption data are collected as needed.
- Facilitate and participate actively at cluster meetings in the assigned state.
- Carry out regular visits to project sites to oversee and ensure the efficient implementation of M&E activities
- Undertake regular verification monitoring of ongoing program implementation in close coordination with the Program Managers and Technical Officers.
- Regular update of reporting formats to capture key results, challenges, lessons, success stories and opportunities
- Train and mentor partners’ program staff on M&E activities based on the program M&E framework and requirements
- Facilitate and participate in the periodic review of program implementation and progress towards achieving results and adjustment of expected results.
Partnership, Representation and Networking:
- Participate in the SACA and state M & E technical working group meetings, and attend the monthly M&E meetings at the LGA level and the state level.
- With key program staff and partners, ensure each of the state’s program strategic objectives and results are fully accomplished and meet expected technical quality standards.
- In collaboration with the program and technical staff, develop, implement and periodically update a decentralized GF workplan.
- Work with partners and other collaborating agencies to ensure that lessons of sound practice are documented and disseminated.
- Ensure that M&E learning is incorporated into evolving program plans.
- Work with program staff to identify and implement appropriate ICT4D solutions to improve timeliness and quality of M&E and project implementation.
CRS/Nigeria Program Responsibilities
Key Working Relationships
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will also participate as a full member of the CRS/Nigeria Program Department.
- This will include active involvement in all Program Department activities as needed.
- Internal:Senior Program Manager, State Team Leads, M&E Manager,Technical Specialists, Data Entry Clerks
- External: CRS-supported facilities, Local and State Government M&E Officers
Agency Wide Competences:
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
- Bachelors-level degree in statistics, health sciences or another relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years M&E experience in HIV programming.
- Demonstrated skills in technical assistance and mentoring.
- Demonstrated quantitative skills, including use of statistical packages such as SPSS, EPI-INFO, STATA including Microsoft Excel, and skills in analyzing, interpreting and communicating information to a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience with I-form Builder and Zoho Reports will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work closely with the public and private sectors.
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to work with multiple stakeholders successfully.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel within given state about 70% of the time.
Application Closing Date
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
1st August, 2017 .
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "Application Form Below" and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: [email protected]rg
indicating in the subject line of their application the job title and reference code for the position and the state being applied for (e.g SCSABIA071817).
Click here to download Application Form (MS Word)