Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on vulnerable children, agriculture, health and HIV, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Specialist
Job Ref Code: SCSEDO71817/SCSENUGU071817 AND SCSDELTA071817
: Enugu, Edo & Delta
Project: HSS / Investing for Impact Against HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis
Position Band: D-2
Department: GF / HSS
Reports To: Senior Program Manager/Logistics & Supply Chain Manager
- CRS is a Sub-Recipient to Family Health International (FHI 360) on the Global Fund New Funding Model HIV Program in Nigeria.
- The Program seeks to scale up gender sensitive HIV prevention services among children and adults in Nigeria.
Demand and Supply Planning:
- Provide oversight and mentoring to Supply Chain Specialists at state level, to ensure that all project sites are properly provided with commodities at the right time and in the right quantities.
- Quantify centrally for project commodity needs for the CRS’ GF program
- Ensure that supply chain teams at state level monitor stock status of ARVs, Opportunistic Infection Drugs and any other pharmaceutical commodity, and manage stock-outs and over stocks of product cycles at the facilities.
- Provide oversight to Laboratory Specialists; working with the Clinical Coordinator,and ensure that ART laboratory equipment and commodities are properly managed.
- Centrally coordinate with Chemonicsand 3PLsto ensure timely delivery of commodities to CRS-supported facilities.
- Centrally collate comprehensive CRRIFF reports from the states, and ensure that these are timely submitted to the PR and Chemonics as required.
- Collaborate with other implementing partners at the national level for the improvement of commodity supplies in CRS-supported facilities.
- Manage CRS’s relationship with Chemonics, the 3PLs to ensure smooth supply chain operations for the project.
- Manage CRS’s relationship with the PSM units of FHI, FMoH and NACA; as well as the LMCUs at supported states.
- Centrally manage the project LMIS, in collaboration with the PR and GoN players as necessary.
- Develop, implement and periodically update a decentralized workplan for the Supply Chain and Laboratory teams.
- Mentor and supportively supervise Supply Chain and Laboratory Specialists, and ensure that their knowledge base and technical capacity is constantly up-to-date.
- Ensure that project supply chain and laboratory activities are aligned with national guidelines and SOPs.
- Conduct monitoring and mentoring visits to supported states and facilities to ensure smooth implementation of supply chain, pharmacy and laboratory activities.
- Support capacity strengthening, provide technical assistance, and develop standard operating procedures for inventory management and other aspects of supply chain management that will assure the quality and availability of commodities at partner facilities.
CRS/Nigeria Program Responsibilities:
- The Supply Chain Manager will also participate as a full member of the CRS/Nigeria Program Department.
- This will include active involvement in all Program Department activities as needed.
Agency Wide Competencies (For all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Serves with integrity
- Models stewardship
- Cultivates constructive relationships
- Promotes learning
Key Working Relationships:
Qualifications and Skills
- Internal:Senior Program Manager, Clinical Coordinator,State Team Leads, Supply Chain and Lab Specialists, Technical Specialists.
- External: Chemonics, FHI, FMoH, NACA, 3PL
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (BPharm) from a reputable university, with a Masters’ Degree in Pharmacy, Public Health, Supply Chain Management or a related field strongly desired.
- Minimum of 5years’ work experience with progressive responsibility in pharmaceutical, and/or supply chain management.
- Previous experience working with GF and/ or USG funded programs will be an advantage.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent training and facilitation skills.
- Strong computer skills- Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required.
- Strong report writing skills will be an added advantage
- Experience in partner capacity strengthening preferred.
- Knowledge of CRS’ program quality standards will be an advantage.
- Proven ability to work remotely as part of a team and to work independently.
- Cultural sensitivity, patience and flexibility.
- Willingness and ability to travel within the country up to 50% of the time.
Application Closing Date
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated
1st August, 2017 .
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "Application Form Below" and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: [email protected]
indicating in the subject line of their application the job title and reference code for the position and the state being applied for (e.g SCSABIA071817).
Click here to download Application Form (MS Word)