KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international Non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the most deadly infectious disease in the world.
KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Active Case Finding (ACF) Coordinator
Purpose of the Position
- The main responsibility of the Active Case Finding (ACF) Coordinator is to assist in the design and implementation of ACF of TB patients in selected communities in Nasarawa, Ogun, Rivers, Lagos, Kano, Benue, Osun and Cross River states.
- As part of the responsibilities, the coordinator will liaise with Ministries of Health of the States including the respective State TB and Leprosy Control Programs, partners (TB and HIV implementing partners in the state, CSOs, Community gatekeepers, heads of religious bodies in the state) and health facilities in the planning and implementation of the ACF activities and oversee daily activities of their staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The coordinator reports to the ACF Management team (NTBLCP Delegate and CTB Technical Coordinator for ACF) and works in close coordination with the state TB Control Officer, the KNCV program officer for the state and Local Government TB and Leprosy supervisor (LGTBLS).
In coordination with the NTP, the ACF Coordinator will perform the following duties:
Who are we looking for?
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with community gatekeepers, local authorities, LGTBLS, state TB control program and other stakeholders to ensure a successful ACF intervention
- Contribute to the overall framework (design) of ACF in the urban settings with a focus on high volume clinics, urban poor settings and other high TB prevalent settings
- Organize meetings with relevant Ministry of Health staff at the state and LGA level, community groups and other stakeholders in the catchment area
- With stakeholders, develop an implementation plan with milestones and targets
- With the respective LGTBLS, CBOs and other authorities, implement the plan for community entry, community and health services mobilization; and conduct screening and diagnosis of clients for TB
- Ensure smooth running of the ACF services
- Meet bi-monthly with the ACF Management team
- Report monthly to the ACF Management Team.
- This function will be based in Abuja/Lagos with duty travel within the communities selected for ACF.
- Master's Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Social Science or other relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in public health - TB or HIV programs
- Experience in teaching and capacity building
- Experience in managing a team
- Experience in wide scale community-based intervention.
Behavioral competencies and skills:
What do we offer?
- An out-of-the-box thinker who can develop innovative ideas towards achieving the objective of increase case finding
- Demonstrated facilitation skills
- Proven ability to develop effective working relationships
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ability to organize and prioritize with eye for detail.
Application Closing Date
- A full-time (40 hours per week) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract. Depending on funding and performance
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
31st July, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
We only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website.