KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international Non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the most deadly infectious disease in the world.
KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mobile X-ray Radiographer
Purpose of the Position
- The main responsibility of the radiographer is to perform radiological duties in compliance with international standards in a mobile x-ray unit. Help patients feel comfortable during the entire process.
- Perform selected administrative, and clerical duties that assist in the delivery of quality radiography for the purposes of screening clients for TB in a mobile environment as part of an Active TB Case Finding (ACF) team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The radiographer reports to the radiation safety adviser and works under the daily supervision of the ACF Coordinator.
Who are we looking for?
- Prepares the client for radiological procedures
- Takes measures to protect clients, themselves and other staff from radiation exposure according to best practices and manufacturer’s guidelines
- Takes quality diagnostic radiographs of clients according to established procedures for patient care and safety
- Ensures a maximum of two and half minutes is spent per client for X-ray, while maintaining a repeat rate of two percent or less.
- Accurately documents completed radiological procedures, completely and promptly
- Stores all radiographs in an easily retrievable manner
- Ensures that all equipment is in good working condition and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Reports immediately any equipment malfunctions to the ACF Coordinator
- Maintains mobile x-ray unit, stock necessary radiological supplies
- Makes suggestions to improve work methods
- Serves as the Radiation Safety Officer (RSO)
- Keeps record of the dosimetry readings
- Trains new employees.
- Works closely with the other team members for the purposes of prompt diagnosis and treatment of patients
- Performs other work as directed by the ACF Coordinator.
- University graduate of medical radiology;
- A current X-ray technology certificate or license from a program approved in Nigeria.
- Proven experience in coaching and training.
What do we offer?
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Reliable and able to work under pressure
- Eye for detail.
Application Closing Date
- A full-time (40 hours per week) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract. Depending on funding and performance;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
31st July, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
We only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website.