Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on vulnerable children, agriculture, health and HIV, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Program Manager II - Partnership and Capacity Strengthening (PM-PCS)
Reference No: NE240717
- The Program Manager - Partnership and Capacity Strengthening (PM-PCS) serves as the lead staff person for all aspects of partnership and capacity strengthening in the North East (NE) Nigeria, Emergency Response and Recovery Program including Strategy Leadership, Communication and Relationship Management, and Coordination. In addition, the EC-PCS is responsible for supervision of staff in the PCS unit.
- S/he serves as primary liaison between CRS and its partners, and is responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships.
- S/he ensures the understanding and application of CRS’ Partnership Principles, and is a resource person for CRS and partner staff engaged in joint programs and/or other partnership activities, with the primary purpose of ensuring that partnerships are effective and mutually beneficial. S/he ensures relevant information is shared appropriately and effectively.
- S/he is responsible for ensuring partnership and capacity strengthening tools, including the Memorandum of Understanding, Partnership Reflections, Partnership Scorecard, etc. are developed and applied appropriately and in keeping with CRS standards and best practice.
- S/he leads or supports partnership-related groups, including advisory committees, task forces, etc, ensuring meetings are held, information is shared, and action plans are implemented and tracked.
- S/he further serves as primary liaison with regional and HQ-based partnership and capacity strengthening staff, and ensures the adoption and sharing of CRS and peer agency best practice. S/he supports projects or components of projects that are focused on capacity strengthening.
Application Closing Date
- Master’s degree in Development, Project Management, Business, Organizational Development, Non-formal education, Psychology or Public Administration;
- Minimum of eight years of experience in project management, within international organizations or the private sector, including: management of human resources, project activities and/or budgets;
- Minimum of three years of experience with partnership activities and institutional strengthening, preferably with a religious partner;
- Experience with capacity building, including training and mentoring as well as developing training materials;
- Experience in Institution Strengthening, including developing and/or improving business processes, policies and procedures;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, representation and networking skills;
- Strong capacity to facilitate collaboration between partners and different departments (programs, finance, etc.);
- Strong leadership, advisory and negotiation skills;
- Strong understanding of the Catholic Church and its internal structures;
- Strong understanding of CRS history, mission and vision particularly as it relates to the Catholic Church;
- Demonstrated experience working successfully in cross-disciplinary teams and facilitating team efforts in the workplace, as well as working independently;
- Proven ability to use Microsoft WORD, EXCEL and PowerPoint;
- Required Foreign Language: Fluent English. Hausa or Kanuri a plus.
- Required Travel: Travel within Nigeria, frequent vehicle travel to project sites.
8th August, 2017 .
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "Application Form Below" and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: [email protected]
indicating in the subject line of their application the job title and reference code for the position and the state being applied for (e.g PMII, Partnership and Capacity Strengthening NE240717).
Click here to download Application Form (MS Word)