Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on vulnerable children, agriculture, health and HIV, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: WASH/Shelter Program Manager II
Required Qualifications and Experience
- The WASH/Shelter Program Manager II will manage the Northeast Nigeria WASH, Shelter, and NFI emergency program, in which water, sanitation, hygiene promotion, shelter, and NFI activities are strongly integrated, and linked with other CRS programming including food assistance, agriculture, and social cohesion.
- Programming includes distribution of shelter WASH, and NFI materials through in-kind and market-based modalities; construction and rehabilition of shelters; construction and rehabilitation of water supply and sanitation infrastructure; creation of community based management structure (water user committees) and hygiene promotion.
- The WASH/Shelter Program Manager II will manage a diverse team and provide capacity building support to local partner NGOs, including support for adherence to relevant humanitarian standards like Sphere.
- The PM will be responsible for budget management of multiple WASH/Shelter grants
- Masters Degree in any related field (Public Health, Engineering, Hydrogeology etc).
- Minimum of five years of relevant field-based project management experience required. Experience in managing complex projects and large teams in an emergency, recovery and development context
- Minimum of two years of experience managing emergency WASH andShelter programming with an international NGO.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of relevant humanitarian standards, including Sphere.
- Demonstrated ability in staff development and partner capacity strengthening, and experience in partnership with local NGOs.
- Demonstrated commitment to gender and conflict sensitive programming.
- Proven ability to develop proposals and write reports meeting donor requirements.
- Excellent analytical, management, communication and negotiation skills.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple work demands and work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with policies, procedures, and priorities of USAID, UN agencies and Caritas agencies preferred.
- Advanced computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, etc) with ArcGIS and AutoCAD preferred
- Experience working in insecure environments and adhering to strict security protocols
- Excellent inter-cultural sensitivity and interpersonal skills necessary in insecure environments.
- Language: Fluent English. Hausa or Kanuri a plus.
Application Closing Date
- Travel within Nigeria, frequent vehicle travel to project sites.
8th August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "Application Form Below" and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: [email protected]
The position title must be expressly stated as the subject of the email quoting reference number NE240717 e.g. PMII, WASH/Shelter Program Manager II NE240717
Click here to download Application Form (MS Word)
Applications will be accessed on a rolling basis and interviews conducted until all positions are competently filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.