Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on vulnerable children, agriculture, health and HIV, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Program Manager I - Emergency Response and Recovery
- CRS is seeking an Emergency Response and Recovery Program Manager (PM) to support assessment, program development, implementation, monitoring and reporting in the Gubio satellite office, supported by CRS’ base of operations in Maiduguri. The Program Manager will be expected to spend 80% of his or her time in Gubio (or other fiel locations as needed) and surrounding zones of intervention.
- Under the direction of the Emergency Coordinator and supported by sectoral Program Managers, the PM will ensure high quality implementation of the emergency response and recovery programs under his or her direct management and supervision.
- All activities and projects will include the mainstreaming of conflict mitigation/social cohesion and a gender sensitive approach. Project management includes both technical and budgetary oversight, working closely with local partners.
- The PM will be responsible for preparing donor and other external reports, as well as for maintaining close professional relationships with other nongovernmental actors, UN Agencies and relevant sector leads.
- In this role, she or he will be responsible for supporting local partners to develop capacity in various aspects of program management.
- Finally, she or he will be responsible for contributing to the identification of gaps within the sector of emergency response and recovery and the development of projects in response to those gaps.
- Master’s Degree in international development or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience working within international development, including direct experience in fast paced emergency environments.
- Demonstrated ability with managing project grants, including project design, budget preparation, expenditure tracking, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, supervision and performance management, etc.
- Ability to work independently, but also coordinate effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to lead a multi-cultural team with a high level of respect for local culture.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and management and leadership skills.
- Experience with capacity strengthening and partnership building.
- Capacity to work closely with, understand, and support local partners.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point).
- Experience in vulnerability assessments, beneficiary registration, distributions, monitoring and evaluation in emergency situations preferred.
- Familiarity with cash- or market-based programming approaches preferred
- Experience in working with grants funded by USAID and UN Agencies preferred.
- Knowledge of CRS and Sphere emergency guidelines preferred.
- Ability and willingness to work and live in diverse, challenging and potentially unstable environments.
Required Foreign Language:
- Fluent English. Hausa or Kanuri a plus.
Application Closing Date
- Travel within Nigeria, frequent vehicle travel to project sites. justify'>
8th August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "Application Form Below" and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: [email protected]
The position title must be expressly stated as the subject of the email quoting reference number NE240717 e.g. Program Manager I - Emergency Response and Recovery NE240717
Click here to download Application Form (MS Word)
- Applications will be accessed on a rolling basis and interviews conducted until all positions are competently filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- CRS is an equal –opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”.
- CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation .